All reviews national holidays coach trip single room train station the hotel manager piping hot an update breakfast and dinner busy road full english breakfast centre of town glenton anne
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I have just spent the weekend here with a group from the Riverside Day Centre. The hotel itself needs and is about to be refurbished. Operating with a skeleton staff, the food's fine and the bedlinen is lovely and clean. THE STAFF are AMAZING, notably Anne and Kevin. So welcoming, nothing too much trouble. Last night's entertainment was so funny. We hope to go back next year to see the makeover (Kevin says he's off that weekend)!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2018

After staying here last week for four nights, I am glad I came because after reading the negative comments previously we were inclined to cancel. Yes the hotel is old and dated. Beds comfy and clean, room clean with coffee and tea facilities, bathroom plenty of hot water and fluffy towels. breakfast and dinner was good served by happy people. good value for money would return. Room 115

Room tip: although the view is nothing special from the back room, I would say they are very quiet.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cancel our booking 2 hours prior to check in time. This would normally incur the full charge for a late cancellation. However the hotel were very accommodating and agreed that we could cancel without charge. Based on this I will rate the service from the management team as high. Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

This place is very tired, decor is tatty, but it was clean and comfortable and really good value for money. The breakfast was good. The staff were friendly. It could really do with an update. We stayed over to attend a gig at the Arts Centre.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Great Photoshop of front of hotel,the tree growing out of the guttering has disappeared.This hotel needs some serious money spent on it.We had room 117,no view,only extractor vent from kitchen ,over flat roof,and back of hotel rooms,walls need painting ,they are .all black.One bed had no mattress protector,light bulb over bed did not work,told our tour guide,Libby,all was sorted when we came back from our day out.Beds do need new mattresses though.Wardrobe,I really don,t know how it stays upright,it has no base.The draws that were available,had tried to be spruced up,but the paint was all over the front of the draws.I didn,t want to put my clothes in these,I left my clothes in my suitcase.Lovely wooden clothes hangers though.Bathroom,on my goodness,who ever measured up to put up the shower rail,must have got yards and metres mixed up.The wretched fan runs for about ten minutes after you turn the light out.Ggrrrrrr.Sink taps are different..Restaurant staff work so hard,nothing is to much trouble.As we found out they are also multi taskers.Breakfast is part buffet,part waitress service.The hotel is On a busy junction,opposite train station.Short walk into this lovely town of Kendal by the river.It is the helpful friendly staff who make this hotel what it is.

Room tip: Quiet room 117,but no view. Not on road side.
Date of stay: August 2018