The Glen Guest House
Cragg Farm(Kendal)
  • Bar/Lounge
Heversham Hotel(Heversham)
View Hotel
All reviewsstation innlake districtcar troublewonderful dogtv and dvd playerdog treatsvanity mirrorking size suitecotton budspre ordercooked breakfastthought of everythingtrain stationlovely guesthousemorecambe baylocal pubbreakfast room is
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We booked The Glen for a weekend, but because of car trouble, had to rearrange at the last minute. Pauline was excellent in handling our request, and couldn't have done more to put our minds at ease.
We arrived slightly late in the evening, but Pauline was there to greet us, and was so lovely and helpful.
Breakfast was amazing, and both Bill and Pauline couldn't do enough to cater for us. The atmosphere amongst all the guests was excellent, and we felt so welcome throughout our stay.
We were given some tips about visiting Windermere, which proved to be very useful, and made our stay that much more special.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Glen to anyone. Thankyou so much Pauline & Bill, I'm sure we'll both see you again in the not too distant future. Tom & Vicky

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner Adam stayed at The Glen Guest house for my 21st birthday, and we were not disappointed! Greeted on arrival by the owners Bill and Pauline, who couldn't of been more accommodating and friendly. The rooms were gorgeous and the beds were godly, they also were dog friendly which was great, as we brought along our puppy Ella. They went above and beyond, and even went out of their way to help Adam surprise me with flowers, chocolates and a bottle of prosecco for my birthday. The cooked breakfasts was delicious and the scenery was outstanding. We WILL be back again soon, as it was just simply outstanding!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Enjoyed staying here. Close to public transport and a great walk on the Helm with fab views as far as Morecambe Bay. Very friendly and accommodating. My room had a huuuuge bed. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This was the nicest place I have ever stayed. I got a luxurious room that I was not expecting. Good value. Quiet. Heavy curtains so can sleep well. Really friendly proprietors. 5 mins walk from station. 4 minutes on the train to Kendal. Perfect. Stay here if visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Pauline and Bill made us feel so very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble and we were especially grateful for the use of their drying room after a wet day out on the bike!
The rooms were very comfortable and we especially enjoyed the use of the new bathroom! Everywhere was so clean and very homely.
Breakfast was amazing so much choice and exactly what you need before a day out exploring the beautiful countryside.
I would recommend The Glen to everyone and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family