“Lunch visit”

Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Hawkshead
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Called in here, as we were passing, for lunch. One word - superb. Staff were all excellent and friendly. We just had the “basics” (sandwiches) but they were first class, served with a very nice side salad. Sausage roll was delicious and clearly home made. A good selection of classics and a wide enough choice for most people. Coffee was delicious too. Dog friendly and would return and recommend.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped for coffee and cake at Poppi Red. Firstly they are dog friendly. Then had the best ever Carmel slice I have ever had( and I have had a lot!) . Lovely friendly staff : wished I bought some cakes to take away .

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Poppy Red is a clean, small cafe which is relatively busy on the occasions I have visited. Generally the staff are friendly and accommodating. The food is fresh and though the menu is small has something for everyone. The breakfast menu is good and the bacon delicious. The only problem for me is the young patronising and rude child that serves there, he needs to be taught not to tap customers or touch people. I found this experience rather uncomfortable. Hence the low score.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for a coffee and a teacake, lovely place with loads of character. Nice latte and very nice tea cake with butter and jam, will visit again for some cake.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We love Hawkshead and always try and stop here for lunch or tea & cake. The selection for quite a small place is fab - they do amazing cakes that include Dairy & gluten free and cater for children really well too.

Lovely cup of tea as always and had a panini with a slice of cake and a sandwich for our 5 year old. Love the fact they do not have WiFi and that people are not all there on their phones and talking!!! I had a read of a newspaper as well as sitting with my family and completing some of his Peter Rabbit Sticker book - it was lovely! You must try and visit if you are in Hawkshead - it also has a bonus of a gorgeous gift shop attached too with lovely products from bags to candles and hand cream!