“A luxurious tranquil hideaway in a spectacular...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Autumn Sunset
Take a walk in the field
Some beautiful visitors stop by
sunset in the snow
Spring visitors next door!
I can see a rainbow!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 49 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Barbara D
“A luxurious tranquil hideaway in a spectacular setting.”
Reviewed 24 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

My only reservation is that if yours is a short break as ours was, you do feel rather short changed by the late check-in and early checkout times, meaning you spend very little of your first day actually at the property and especially in winter when its dark at 4.30pm you have very little time to enjoy the spectacular scenery. I feel this should be reflected in the charge for the first day.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the very comfortable bed
Liked least: We couldn't take our dog!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
27 Nov 2014
Firstly thank you so much for your review and rating of your stay at The Far Boathouse. Your rating of 5/5 about your stay was very much appreciated by myself and the maintenance and cleaning staff who keep the Boathouse in tip-top condition. The days are so short and we are not too far off the shortest day of the year, so I completely understand your point that a 3pm check in on a dull day must have felt like you were checking in at twilight and missed one of the loveliest views from the boathouse of watching a beautiful sunset! On a bright sunny day you would have seen this spectacular sight. I also note that the 10 am check out felt too early. At the moment our maintenance and cleaning team ask that we provide them these hours between guests to conduct maintenance and thoroughly clean the entire boathouse to make sure that it is as perfect as possible for arriving guests. I will investigate further to see how it might be possible to reduce the time for maintenance and cleaning and still guarantee to uphold the quality of the boathouse for arriving guests.
Thank you so much for staying at Ullswater Far Boathouse and for your kind rating and your very helpful feedback
Kindest Regards
Jayne
Ibizantra...
“Wonderful spot in a unique setting”
Reviewed 1 November 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed in July and had an amazing time. Apart from fantastic weather and a setting that couldn't be bettered with views to die for, the boathouse exceeded our expectations. Very cosy interior with tasteful decor, every possible facility and surprisingly spacious interior. My daughter who had the main bed reported that it was
super comfy, and I found the sofa bed in the main room to be The best I have ever experienced. Can't think of a better place to get away from it all.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
5 Oct 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. The weather was glorious and I am so pleased that your daughter had a wonderful time too.
karenbury...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 7 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I found this little gem by accident, after trying to find the ideal place to end our 17 day holiday. Well worth the trawl of the internet. We arrived in the rain and I felt a bit disappointed as I had chosen the property because I wanted to sit on the balcony overlooking the lake, however once we had unpacked and settled in, the rain just added to the experience. What an absolutely beautiful stunning property, every little thing that you would need during a stay away from home was covered and all to a high standard. I can't say enough good words about this place, you have to see it for yourself. If you are looking for a romantic/hide away from the stresses of life/walking holiday etc. this is the ideal location.

We sat on the sofa and watched the weather change, the birds fly past, the boats on the lake and just drank in the beauty of the area.

The bed is comfortable and cosy, the bathroom superb, the kitchen is fitted out to a very high standard with coffee maker, microwave, dish washer and every utensil you could ever need.

There is a DVD player and loads of films, the problem is you won't want to leave. We didn't and we will definitely be back.

A huge thank you to Jayne for making us so welcome, comfortable and looked after. Superb service.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the area and the standard of accommodation.
Liked least: Nothing applies.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
7 Jul 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am so pleased you found The Boathouse by accident. It is so peaceful it is never a chore to go there even to work! The views are just amazing all year round. I do hope that you will return
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing