“My kids love it!”
Review of Kinderland

Kinderland
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I don’t get how many negative reviews of this place there are, I take my children 4 & 5 here all the time, as I did with my now 11 year old and I’ve never had a problem.
It’s not massively busy like some other playcentres even at peak times.
It’s reasonably priced and fairly clean, the toilets areas are much better than some other places I’ve been to and the food and drinks aren’t bad with a fair price.
I’ve had many parties here and been to many parties and the staff are great, helpful and friendly, I like that there’s a reward card for entrance and hot drinks and free WiFi.
I often spend an average of two hours here with my children, a bit more if Eating here, the only con for me is that it could do with a bit of an update.

Date of experience: April 2018

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

First visit today recommended to me by my 5 year old girl. She sold it to me so we went and despite it being in the middle of half term it was nice and chilled out. Enough for the girls to kill a good couple of hours, lunch was ok and admissions cheap enough as well as given a loyalty card. Coffee ain't to bad and there is ample parking. But most of all my kids had a good time! Only downside was staff on their mobiles behind tills but they did keep on top of keeping the place tidy and clean for everyone. Will visit again!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Having now visited a few other soft plays I feel I can now review Kinderland as this was the first soft play I had taken my 6 month old baby.
I found the building to be really and open so it felt quite cold inside. Everything looked quite grubby I commented to my friend and another mum how unhappy I was at how dirty the soft play area was, it had lots of sticky fingermarks and bits of leftover food on the toys. They said this was the cleanest in the area so there must be some rank places for kids around there! The baby area had lots of toys that were very well worn/chewed and toys without batteries.
The highchairs were disgusting! I wiped it down with wipes but they really needed scrubbing as did the chairs and tables. My friend advised me not to even look in the microwave! I warmed my baby food with hot water instead. I found the price of food and drinks quite high but the staff were efficient in their service. My visit was midweek so it was very quiet so I wouldn't expect the place to be so unclean, the toilets were also filthy. I'd recommend that the staff/cleaners have a deep clean before I would go back.

Date of experience: January 2018
3  Thank Newforest86
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I met up with 4 friends and their children (7 children in total) aged 2-7.
We didn't eat but their was a notice on the till saying a 45 minutes wait for food
I had a black basic coffee and it wasn't very hot,
we got the kids a jug of juice and all the kids had red mouths,
the baby area has been re done and has lots of now working toys,
the toilets on the other hand needed tidying up, although toilet clean, toilet paper all over, Inc a dirty happy and wipes left on the changing table

Date of experience: February 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Sadly the place has still not been re-furbished and seems tired, dirty, worn and dated. The vinyl on the younger children’s climbing equipment is particularly worn and threadbare. Is the vinyl ever cleaned? How it can be hygienic is a mystery to me. Also the balls at the bottom of the small slide need topping up as they are not deep enough to land in. The carpet in the main sitting area always looks particularly grubby.

We had a tea, a coffee and a fruit shoot which were OK but 45 minutes playing was enough for our 3 year old so not good value for money in my opinion. There was a member of staff wiping down all the high chairs on this occasion. It is the first time I have seen any cleaning being carried out.

I also feel that many parents don’t supervise their children enough. My 3 year old was getting ‘bombed’ by children coming down the slide before she had had time to get up and other children lingered in the balls at the bottom of the slide preventing her from sliding down safely and she got upset.

Date of experience: January 2018