Open today: 09:30 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Awful

Dirty staff unfriendly half term n no staff 2 hours waiting for food when friend got hers still no... read more

Reviewed 30 October 2018
Darren F
via mobile
Dirty

Took them two hours to remove dirty plates. Toilets were filthy. Staff just talk to each other... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2018
mattpilky22
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Having now visited a few other soft plays I feel I can now review Kinderland as this was the first soft play I had taken my 6 month old baby.
I found the building to be really and open so it felt quite cold inside. Everything looked quite grubby I commented to my friend and another mum how unhappy I was at how dirty the soft play area was, it had lots of sticky fingermarks and bits of leftover food on the toys. They said this was the cleanest in the area so there must be some rank places for kids around there! The baby area had lots of toys that were very well worn/chewed and toys without batteries.
The highchairs were disgusting! I wiped it down with wipes but they really needed scrubbing as did the chairs and tables. My friend advised me not to even look in the microwave! I warmed my baby food with hot water instead. I found the price of food and drinks quite high but the staff were efficient in their service. My visit was midweek so it was very quiet so I wouldn't expect the place to be so unclean, the toilets were also filthy. I'd recommend that the staff/cleaners have a deep clean before I would go back.

Date of experience: January 2018
3  Thank Newforest86
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I met up with 4 friends and their children (7 children in total) aged 2-7.
We didn't eat but their was a notice on the till saying a 45 minutes wait for food
I had a black basic coffee and it wasn't very hot,
we got the kids a jug of juice and all the kids had red mouths,
the baby area has been re done and has lots of now working toys,
the toilets on the other hand needed tidying up, although toilet clean, toilet paper all over, Inc a dirty happy and wipes left on the changing table

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Sadly the place has still not been re-furbished and seems tired, dirty, worn and dated. The vinyl on the younger children’s climbing equipment is particularly worn and threadbare. Is the vinyl ever cleaned? How it can be hygienic is a mystery to me. Also the balls at the bottom of the small slide need topping up as they are not deep enough to land in. The carpet in the main sitting area always looks particularly grubby.

We had a tea, a coffee and a fruit shoot which were OK but 45 minutes playing was enough for our 3 year old so not good value for money in my opinion. There was a member of staff wiping down all the high chairs on this occasion. It is the first time I have seen any cleaning being carried out.

I also feel that many parents don’t supervise their children enough. My 3 year old was getting ‘bombed’ by children coming down the slide before she had had time to get up and other children lingered in the balls at the bottom of the slide preventing her from sliding down safely and she got upset.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Nicola D
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We've been coming here for a number of years & over the last 12 months it has gone down hill. My kids are 5 & 7 and whilst they are happy up & down the slide for so long, there is nothing really to stimulate them here any more. There is definitely more here for younger kids, up to about 5 years old. It hasn't had any new play equipment added since it originally opened years ago, and hasn't moved forward with the times either which a lot of its' competitors has. It's not cheap to get in (£6 over 5's & £5 for under 4's plus £1 for adults) and once inside the food & drinks are expensive too. It needs a good clean, the carpets have certainly seen better days & some of the play equipment looks like it hasn't been cleaned for months. The last 2 times we've been there has been less that 20 people there which speaks volumes, I actually thought it was closed last time we went as there was only 2 cars in the car park. They need to introduce something new to bring people in otherwise within 6 months they will be out of business.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I haven’t visited for some time as I thought the place was dirty and unhygienic on my last visit. I thought I would give it another try to see if it had improved.
I visited mid-week with a 2 year old. She had a lovely time. Some parts of the climbing steps were quite worn with the canvas showing through the vinyl. I felt that this was unhygienic (children are notoriously germy) and the edges could become sharp and scratch delicate skin.
There were a lot of crumbs on the floor but there was some-one hoovering up a bit further away so hopefully they were heading over to the mess. We stayed about an hour in total and my granddaughter enjoyed herself although she kept trying to pick up bits of food off the floor!
It was better than on my last visit but I do feel that some of the equipment needs re-furbishment.

Date of experience: June 2017