Reviews (1 032)
1 032 results
All reviews executive room wedding guests wedding reception city centre breakfast staff old town third floor stayed here for one night pleasant stay bar area saturday night hotel is situated an overnight stay following morning car parking full english evening meal
57 - 62 of 1 032 reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2018

This popular, modern hotel, just off the main east-west carriageway, is well located for visiting Hull city centre. Also, I found the food surprisingly agreeable.

My only gripe was the £8 per night parking charge.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Nigel D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Itinerant2014,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your online review of our hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, including our location. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the car parking charges, we do offer free car parking at the weekends to our guests.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I stayed here with my husband and daughter, very nice place, great view when its dark. Rooms were nice and clean, staff friendly and helpful when asking questions about places to visit for children.
Will stay here again in the future

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Cara H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some excellent customer feedback and for rating our hotel so highly!

I am really pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and its great to read that the staff here were friendly and helpful. I am delighted that you plan to stay with us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Hull Marina soon.

Nigel Dibb,

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Loved the room and all the facilities the room was clean and lovely and the function room was massive and the bar could be bigger but wasn't waiting that long . The food was amazing too would highly recommend this place especially for a wedding loved it xx

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear julie h,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your positive comments about the Hotel.

I am delighted to read you had such a wonderful time celebrating a wedding with us. Thank you for recommending us to other couples looking for a wedding venue. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the whole team here.

I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Nigel Dibb,

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

This is a very nicely positioned Holiday Inn. It is situated on the marina, with some lovely views and only a short walk from town with its many bars and restaurants. It is also an easy walk to The Deep.
Our room was very nice, we have stayed in regular and Executive rooms. The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are a bit tired though. Plenty of hot water but the shower was hard to turn on and the sink drained very slowly.
There is a nice bar and restaurant which does a lovely breakfast.
We have visited Hull several times over the last 3 years whilst dropping our son off or collecting him from university. This is our favourite hotel. Returning in July for graduation.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear sally n,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your positive comments about your stay.

I am so pleased you liked our hotel's location and I have to agree with you the Marina is a lovely setting to walk around. I am also glad to read you enjoyed the breakfast and found your room very nice.

It is wonderful to know you rate us as your favourite hotel and you plan to return soon!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Hull Marina in July for your son's graduation.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for business in March and May. The staff are welcoming and helpful if a little distracted at times. It doesn’t feel like a particularly professional set up. The breakfasts are average, all the stuff that should be there, hot breakfasts, continental, ceareal etc but just a bit dreary. How do you ensure bacon is always hard?? It needs to be refreshed more often, freshly cooked eggs instead of ones glazing over they have gone hard too etc. I never had dinner here, one look at the restaurant after dark enough to send me out looking elsewhere. Decent and some good restaurants within very easy walk. The rooms look fine, not shabby but the uncared for feeling continues. Why is there so little storage? Tiny tiny bedside table with no extra shelf or drawer, 2 v small drawers in unit with minibar, tiny wardrobe with insufficient width for coat hangers. No other hanger or shelf or drawer space even though the room could accommodate it. Shame there is no hand held shower in addition to stand up one. If u want to have a bath and wash your hair you can’t. Very odd that our room had 2 pictures ...exactly the same! Best to go for room on top floor marina side, you have view of ‘marina’ which makes it sound far grander than is and in fact is just a small section of the small end of the small marina but top floor can just see over the building to the estuary. Beds are cripplingly uncomfortable. Air conditioning is good. As I said, feeling is of a staff trying best to be cheerful and present the best but they haven’t been provided with the best raw ingredients. I’ve said it before about Holiday Inn ... could do better. And here with some quite minor changes. Please start with the beds though, I hear the Premier Inn just down the road has spectacularly comfortable ones. Go ask them how they do it.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Alexa S,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your online review of our hotel.

I am pleased to read that you found our staff welcoming and helpful. I am sorry that you were disappointed with some of the other aspects of your stay. Please be assured that we take all guest feedback on board and use this to make improvements to the hotel.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.