“Quick pint”
Review of The Opera House

The Opera House
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Even though this is a Wetherspoons pub and to be fair not a chain I have ever been in, this venue is amazing and very worthwhile.
Aside from the vending machines and value food menu and probably the best priced beer around the reason to visit is to sit in a former opera house which still retains many original features. It is truly a great venue with character and charm and you can have a decent beer for as little as £1.99 a pint!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We always try and visit The Opera House when in Tunbridge Wells. It has the usual reliable and good value food and drink and such and interesting setting. It still has so many features of the old Opera house, balconies, boxes, even some of the old stage as they still put on an opera occasionally. The decor is lovely, and a talking point. We will return - and the toilets are accesible- not up stairs!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This has to be the most unique Wetherspoons in the country as it is still a useable opera house. Twice a year an opera is put on and the rest of the time it is your usual Wetherspoons fare just like all the others in the country....just better looking.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Worth calling in if only for the 'scenery'. There's not many pubs that have a stage, several boxes, and a circle that is occasionally used, an original lighting board etc. all in a genuine theatre atmosphere. No complaints whatsoever on any occasion regarding staff or the food. All the kitchen and bar staff are clearly doing the best they can.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

As we live near to Spoons my husband and I use it as a regular meeting place after work at the weekends.
I've never had a really good time here but it's cheep and there's normally somewhere to sit. The staff are usually ok but recently they've been quite unfriendly and at times rude. I waited whilst 3 people who came in after me got served, even though the girl serving said "I'll be with you soon" but still served the young guys 1st.
As Red Wine drinkers we have found that the wine they supply is kept out the back behind the bar, it's absolutely freezing and un drinkable. Please please Spoons tell your staff Red Wine is to be served room temperature, not from a freezing cold room behind your bar!
As for the food, well, where do I start. If you like cheap chips and greasy burgers then your in the right place :/

Although I've said all this, we will still use it but with the view that you get what you pay for.
Come on Spoons it costs nothing to smile and greet your customers with a "hello"