“Eaten here half a dozen times, and always very satisfied.”
Review of The Opera House

The Opera House
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Worth calling in if only for the 'scenery'. There's not many pubs that have a stage, several boxes, and a circle that is occasionally used, an original lighting board etc. all in a genuine theatre atmosphere. No complaints whatsoever on any occasion regarding staff or the food. All the kitchen and bar staff are clearly doing the best they can.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

As we live near to Spoons my husband and I use it as a regular meeting place after work at the weekends.
I've never had a really good time here but it's cheep and there's normally somewhere to sit. The staff are usually ok but recently they've been quite unfriendly and at times rude. I waited whilst 3 people who came in after me got served, even though the girl serving said "I'll be with you soon" but still served the young guys 1st.
As Red Wine drinkers we have found that the wine they supply is kept out the back behind the bar, it's absolutely freezing and un drinkable. Please please Spoons tell your staff Red Wine is to be served room temperature, not from a freezing cold room behind your bar!
As for the food, well, where do I start. If you like cheap chips and greasy burgers then your in the right place :/

Although I've said all this, we will still use it but with the view that you get what you pay for.
Come on Spoons it costs nothing to smile and greet your customers with a "hello"

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Beautiful building well worth a visit, now a Wetherspoon pub. Service at the bar was slow as it was Friday night. Typical Wetherspoon's not enough staff serving.No cider on the pump sadly. We had a voucher to use and could not! It was hard to find a seat.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Its a cheap chain, was not expecting much. Its very well done with the boxes (full of Christmas gifts!) Big place, very open so great place to meet friends. Good choice of beer. And of course reasonable prices.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Came here for breakfast with my husband . when it arrived it looked like it had just been thrown on the plate . lack of presentation ... Basically just one lump !!!!. The food its self was OK ...Luke warm but edible . the customer service needs to be improved .. To be called mate when being served is not ideal . and this was by a female member of staff ... What happened to sir or madam !!! . couldn't actually complain to a manager as none about .. We spotted one on way out ! .