“Tea for two or was it three?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Lounge and Snug
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Afternoon tea was booked by my daughter as a treat for Easter. We had booked for three but one guest could not make it. I told this on my arrival to a manager. We had the tea with a glass of prosecco for £24 per head. Not good value I'm afraid. The sandwiches were very under filled and a little dry and the cakes unappetising. The chocolate mousse was split and grainy but when I pointed it out, the waitress said that it was 'supposed to be like a soil texture and should have had a carrot in the top but for some reason they had put a strawberry on top' ... quite! The scones however were very good. Service was poor and we and others in the small area we were in, had to keep going to the bar for service. There appeared to be only one girl serving. A chap came on duty and he was far more attentive. When we asked for the bill they had charged us for three afternoon teas. He quickly corrected this when we pointed it out. I don't think I will return for afternoon tea but would be interested to try the place again, maybe for lunch and dinner to see if this was just an unfortunate experience. The hotel is very modern and looks the part but for my first time there I was disappointed.