“Odd set up ”

Flossies Ice Cream Parlour
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Ice cream here is lovely so that’s not a problem. What’s weird is the set up - awkwardly placed tables making it hard to pay, no labels on flavours meaning they have to be verbally explained, and space in the shop utilised very poorly so it felt very cramped. Would have loved a larger range of flavours too!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 13 April 2018

My company's HQ is located right by Flossies so it has become our go to place for lunch. There are a large number of options available and sandwiches are made to order. There are sweets and ice cream available for your sweet tooth. Very reasonable prices and run by a very nice lady.

Date of visit: November 2017
Susan R, Owner at Flossies Ice Cream Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I popped into Flossies to get a postcard and had one of the most delicious ice creams while I was there. It was a tutti frutti one and was perfect. The ice cream is handmade and you can really taste the difference. So pleased I dropped in.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

The place is pleasant and the lady serving was friendly. It was an odd selection of flavours of ice-cream no vanilla, strawberry or chocolate. I had the cherry which was ok but to be honest would never have been able to tell you in a blind taste test that it was cherry. Sorry to say it was average and not really worth a return visit.

Date of visit: May 2017
Management response:Responded 21 May 2017

Aww that's a shame. Never had any complaints about my cherry before

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Visited the first time last summer and was very underwhelmed by the ice cream especially after reading the reviews. I gave it another try last weekend. The texture of the ice was not good, the taste of the vanilla was water-y. The strawberry too sweet and tasted like it was made with a lot of fake flavouring. My toddler who is ice cream mad ate a tiny bit of hers and handed the cone back to me within a couple of minutes. One small come and one cone with two scoops went in the bin just outside. A real shame, I hope they improve for the summer season but we won't be going back any time soon.

Date of visit: April 2017
Management response:Responded 14 April 2017

That is a shame. I am a little confused though as I didn't have strawberry on that weekend.

Also to anyone reading this for future reference if you are unhappy with the quality/taste please come back in and see me. As this person suggests they threw away two whole ice creams right outside my shop. I run the shop on my own so I will be more than happy to discuss and of course refund a Full ice cream.