“Excellent dinner”

Townleys at Albion House
Reserve with OpenTable
Townleys at Albion House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 209 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Dining Room at Albion House is located in the original dining rooms of Albion House, a beautiful Georgian house over looking Ramsgate Harbour. We are open to the public seven days a week and welcome bookings for larger groups celebrating special occasions or just planning to enjoy wonderful food in beautiful surroundings.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely atmosphere, beautifully designed restaurant and excellent service. We enjoyed our meal enormously and thought the menu was varied & interesting. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Joined some friends for an after meal drink as I thought , they hadn’t even had their mains . Few staff on , waiter dropped red wine on a neighbouring customers white shirt. Not the place if you want a large soft drink as Came in two small mixer bottles. On a minor plus it is dog friendly , you really need more staff to provide a better service sorry

2  Thank Jeannette C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second time I was tempted to have a rare hot chocolate in Townleys. A beautiful environment with polite and friendly staff. Unfortunately also the second time my hot chicolate was barely warm.
So cool in fact that the marshmallows were not even softening and neither was the cream.
Not wanting to be impolite to the friendly staff, I discretely went to the bar and asked if I could have hot milk added to my chocolate as it was nearly cold.
I watched as the polite staff member heated the milk to a decent temperature. She then poured it straight into the glass cup on top of what was there, which was most of the cool drink. The drink then overflowed all down the sides, spilling out marshmallows and flooding the saucer with the giant drink.
Apologetically the girl took some blue roll and as I watched aghast, she mopped up the spilled drink, drying it carefully from the sides and base if the cup and then replaced the saucer and gave it back to me.
After all that the drink was still lukewarm because the hot milk had nearly all spilled into the saucer leaving more cold choc than hot drink still in my cup but by then it seemed like a pointless exercise. I wanted to take the two girls aside and explain about hospitality and customer service. Surely it’s not ok to mop up your customers drink with tissue and hand it back. Common courtesy would dictate a replacement at that point.
I didn’t drink the cold drink and when the young lady came over to say it was last prders and did my friend and I want another drink we both said no. No questions were asked about the abandoned drink with the sticky milky cup.
Shame. It’s sich a nice place

2  Thank Caron F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food at Townleys is imaginative , superbly cooked and most important of all tastes amazing
Staff are attentive and knowledgeable
Great place to eat

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Townleys has two rooms where meals are served, both with very good views of the sea, and in the case of one, a sweeping view of the Marina. Currently the latter is little used for lunches, which is a shame.

For various reasons I found myself having lunch here twice this week. In both cases the food was extremely good, well plated - and hot, which even some Michelin starred restaurants seem incapable of doing!

The brunch menu is great and have tried all their 3 main courses within the last 8 weeks I can thoroughly recommend them. The salads on offer are also exception - Asian Coleslaw new to the menu is a triumph. Desserts are equally good, lemon tart with berries probably wins unless you are a chocolate addict - you won’t be disappointed! If you would prefer cheese then you are in for a treat, Townley’s has one of the best cheese boards I have encountered recently - thanks to their French restaurant manager.

I do agree with the comment about the music, but equally when I have asked staff if they would turn it down it works. Hopefully the management will take note and the days of loud music will morph into quiet background music.

Despite this irritation we will certainly continue to eat here - their chef deserves the support.