“Don’t make the mistake of walking past”
Review of The Empire Room

The Empire Room
Ranked #3 of 209 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Price range: US$26 - US$44
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of the fabulous Royal Harbour Hotel, the 40 cover Empire Room restaurant serves great food using fresh local ingredients in a charming club like setting.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the outside - on a little road high up overlooking the harbour - you would never guess what lies in this lovely restaurant beneath a small hotel. We had been told about it by a friend so went down the stairs and what a find! A beautiful big dark red dining room covered in paintings - warm and light at the same time.

The food was exceptionally good and a little bit different without straying into daft or ‘look at me’ cooking. I’m not a big meat eater but there was enough choice to make me happy, while my partner is a huge carnivore and was singing the praises of his meal from the first bite. We’d eaten out a lot in the week, at some highly rated places, and this was our favourite meal by far. The young chef who runs it served us our dessert and is clearly determined to serve good food. Very reasonable prices.

Worth a trip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was recommended this restaurant some time ago and I managed to go recently on a Sunday lunch. The staff and food were very good, we didn't have long to wait for our meal once we had placed our order. The food portions were just right.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In the basement of a clifftop hotel, and access via the steep steps into the area not the easiest to access for people with mobility problems. But well worth the effort. On the night of our first visit, a large happy party celebrating a significant wedding anniversary and a group of five elegant young women weemed to be in competition to speak the loudest in the elegant but smallish, low-ceilinged dining roommaking it difficult for my small party to hear each other speak. But the interesting menu, the high quality of the food, the reasonable prices (given how good all our meals were) and the excellent, friendly - and prompt -service given by the charming waitresses more than compensated for the racket. All in all, a great addition to the Ramsgate restaurant scene. We'll certainly be visiting The Empire Room again, but not on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been a while since we visited the Empire Room

No point talking the meals. Goats cheese starter
Lamb ... mains

Same as alway
I will change on the next visit or maybe not

To say fantastic Still would not do it justice

All our visits have brilliant and would highly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a table at short notice on Friday. Delighted to be waited on so attentively and the food was cooked to perfection. I had the beef, which was simply as tasty as I've had anywhere.

Pleasant ambience, not too echo-y, even when packed. My chair could have been more comfortable, but that's absolutely my only gripe.