“Venue for a Family celebration ”

The Racing Greyhound
Ranked #20 of 212 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Surprise party held for a special birthday. The Venue,service and food excellent. Second party held here will certainly be going again. Plenty of parking if not in car park certainly in local streets.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We had a very enjoyable meal here and staff were very friendly. If it’s fast food you are looking for then this is not the place for you. If it’s home cook meals you are looking for then this is the place. Nothing from a microwave so it’s well worth the wait! We enjoyed it so much we are going back again with my boyfriend’s son for a birthday meal very soon

1  Thank Rhoda x
Reviewed 7 March 2018

The food menu is to die for , on certain days they do special deals like steak and a drink. Fish and chips and a drink. Go online and view the menu you will be surprised. Our favourite day is on a Sunday for the roast dinner or I love the homemade steak and ale pie . The choices of sweets have me licking my lips too. I have taken all my family there for meals and the pricing is very good . We have used this family pub for years and will carry on so .

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

There is a warm welcome when you enter and the staff are very friendly and willing to help. The food is delicious and the portions are huge! I had a ploughmans and i could have fed my family with it !!
There is a great garden for the kids to play in and it is lovely to sit out in during summer, also a separate room available for hire for parties / events. We held my daughters wedding reception here and staff did everything they could to gelp make the day special.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My first visit was for Sunday lunch with 12 ladies was really lovely all round. Nicely presented, Separate Veg and Potatoes. My lamb was perfect and lovely Yorkshire pudding. Vegetables, cooked nicely and not mushy. My potoatoes were nice, although some ladies said the Roast Potatoes were so hard they couldn't cut them, and others said they weren't cooked through. Service was very good. Being a large group, we had a long table set in front of the window. The sun shining through blinded the people facing the window. I understand that a blind is going to be fitted. My second visit a few days later was again, for 12 ladies celebrating a birthday. We all had different things, of course. My Steak and Mushroom pie was really tender and flavoursome. Although I don't eat pastry, some said the end crust was very hard. Everything else was perfect. As it was a birthday celebration, they had covered the table with a lovely pink tablecloth and decorative cotton napkins. Service again, was great. I would recommend this pub for food.