Reviews (1 447)
1 447 results
All reviews sea view afternoon tea sea front groupon deal free parking scones course dinner white cliffs cruise terminal stayed here for one night town centre an overnight stay seafront permit port france ferries
576 - 581 of 1 447 reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2016

having looked at pictures on here and then reading other peoples reviews, i was coming with mixed emotions...
i altered the time for checking in time and when we arrived was told our room wasnt ready...
the room is very dated and cold,the window wont close properly and the heating didnt work...

3  Thank yolande38
Reviewed 23 February 2016

This from the outside looks an impressive hotel, your not overal spoils for choice but it's easy distance walking from the railway station.
Dover over all I'm not sure what I was expecting but it's basically a huge port all built around that. It's a beautiful area with a wonderful beach and the hotel over looks this.

I was relatively happy with my stay but we did have a room at the back with a rubbish view of a road. I felt most the attention had been put into the bar and eating areas and lack of attention to detail on the rooms. We were on the top floor and the room wSs clean tidy and well presented. But out dated bathroom and curtains etc.

The restaurant that even offered a Indian meal offer, I however do like spicy food and had the restaurant menu and found this to be a little too fussy and fancy, nice overall but jot a lot of choices. I love desserts too but nothing interesting on the menu.

Top tips....We bought a room only package and upon arrival they gave us to option to purchase breakfast but we actually went to the cafe next door (joined to the hotel) and had a full English breakfast for cheaper than the hotel could provide. We got to sit outside looking at the lovely beach.
Tip... Ask for a sea view room.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed in a twin room recently. The room had a view - that's the best bit. There was rubbish under the bed. No we didn't go looking for it. We had to move one of the beds. The bathroom was very dated. No toiletries on offer. Biscuits were stale. Two teabags on offer. Room was boiling and the breakfast was over priced. A little tip. Don't pay for the breakfasts of staying. Nip over the road to the shopping centre. Staff are friendly and you will get a better breakfast. Suffice to say we will not be staying again.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joanne K
Reviewed 20 February 2016

I recently stayed with my partner at the beautiful hotel which I could not fault at all. Its central to everything you need and close to the ferry port. The only thing that ruined our visit was the bar maid was a little rude. I didnt think she was professional after we had had a nt.a cross word but a miss understanding. Dont let this put you off visiting because it would be a shame to miss out on this amazing place and the rest of the staff were so helpful I cant recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

Staying two nights on weekend....receptionist Nikki was great...always catered for our needs and I can be awkward....all the staff were outstanding...I was looking for faults in at least one of them but they were all down to earth...perfect....
Food was great on both nights..I wanted something different than what was on the menu...and was given a different option...no problem....
If I was to comment on anything it would be the outdated look of the rooms and the creaking floorboards which were annoying at certain times of the night.....hotel staff were flawless in my view...

Room tip: Food and staff are outstanding....... Lovely hotel...will stay again..