“Let down by terrible service”
Review of The Parrot

The Parrot
Ranked #40 of 391 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Came here with some friends for a meal

Atmosphere: lovely little pub with a nice beer garden. decorated well.
Service: unfortunately this is what let the place down, we waited an hour and 30 minutes for our food and went up 3 times to ask the waitress what was going on which she just kept saying she would go and check she never came up with a reason though. overall not impressed in the slightest.
Food: fairly average, not wow'd by anything
Drink: good variety of drinks available
Value: average pay for a meal.

Due to the fact that we waited far too long for our meals and that the food itself wasn't anything to rave about we would not come back.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We asked our hotel for a great local pub with a beer garden and was sent here. 5 minutes from the main street and we were delighted to find this pub. An amazing pub with charm and character, as well as great beer and food. We visited twice we liked it so much. The garden was beautiful and we considered this an amazing find...even though the pub has been there 500 years!

2  Thank AlexHillTV
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I always recommend the parrot when someone asks me for a pub with good food. The food is amazing me and my partner loved it. Will be back soon

3  Thank Gabriela M
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

First time at the parrot, very nice service the food was very good we sat in the garden, nice lunch pub bit difficult to find but worth the visit.

2  Thank FrazerKent
Reviewed 3 June 2018

I took two Australians to the pub for lunch and they loved it. It's loaded with history and the manager went out of his way to explain the history to my visitors. The food was great, the best salad I had ever had and the atmosphere was lovely as we sat in the garden on a lovely sunny day.

2  Thank Pam S