“Easter Monday Lunch ”
Review of The Crooked Billet

The Crooked Billet
Ranked #106 of 362 Restaurants in St Albans
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this little pub had the roast lamb it was very nice and quantity and quality was very good .Pub was a bit small family orientated and dogs also well .Very nice atmosphere didn’t wait long for food to be served and staff were very friendly .

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Enjoyed a freshly cooked lunch here on a very cold and chilly day.
Warmed us up a treat without breaking the bank.
Home cooked to order.and good selection of drinks.
Children’s menu available.
Welcomed like regulars....

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Although fairly local I haven been to this delightful pub for a long time...big regret. On this occasion I joined a friend who is local and uses this traditional pub regularly.

This weekday lunch we both had a filled (very)baguettes although the menu is so so tempting as is the special board. My choice the "roast of the day" which was the best cooked and tasting beef I have had in a age. Served with roasted potatoes or chips with lovely gravy in a jug to dip your pots in...heaven.

Will be going back next week my partner can't wait to try the suet pie his favourite. I can see this as a regular occurrence.

Big thanks to my friend who has put this great pub on my radar again.

It deserves to do very well.

1  Thank Brooksie1951
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Roast beef was good quality; home made pie option stuffed with meat. Wouldn't want to encourage them into any price increase ;-), but the value for the HUGE portions of decent food piled high on the plates was exceptional.
Nothing of interest in the beers on offer, but what we selected was well kept.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

A regular visit to the Crooked Billet for Lunch with the Lads, Excellent Beer, I always have "Side Pocket for a Toad" from Tring Brewery. Excellent food with large portions. As always very enjoyable.