“Father son Fishing trip”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Trunkquillity treehouse
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 41 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Liam M
“Father son Fishing trip”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I was recommended to stay here by a friend. When booking i dealt with Helen who went out of her way to answer any questions i had as well as being very responsive when in contact. On arrival i was greeted by one of the owners who was very polite and very helpful with any questions my father and i had.
My Father in the tree house and myself in the New Fishing Lodge which is ideally situated on the premises with lighting to help you along your way at night.

What can I say, it was a beautiful part of the country within a fabulous area. As you drive through the gates your met with a vibrant green field. You drive past the field and enter a batch of woods, when you look up the image is just stunning. If you like luxury but still want to feel at one with nature then it would be right in front of your eyes.

Upon entering the tree house, you will notice the fabulous layout to which you will spend the rest of your stay admiring and wondering if you could live in a place like this. For the people that had a tree house as a young child, your dream is perched right in front of you. The Engineer in me was astonished to how it was held up.

I was very lucky to be one of the first people to stay in the lodge, it's just what I needed. The first thing I noticed when walking to the lodge was the spectacular private lake full of fish life swirling around. To get to the lodge you must cross a running stream which is by far the most therapeutic sound. If you like real authentic designs then this lodge is by far a fisherman's dream. Real wood burner located in the living area, the best part the wood is all neatly stacked and cut for you no swinging axes around just rock up after a hard days fishing put some wood on the fire and your feet up.

The fishing was something else, the lake is naturally stocked an boy are the fish smart you really have to bring your game if you would like to catch. You see all the fish swimming around, i am very new to the fresh water side but its not as easy as i imagined. My father on the other hand had a little more experience from when he was younger and it definitely showed in the results of our little competition at the end of the weekend.

Speaking on my fathers behalf about the tree house he told me it was a quirky experience to which he would be more than happy to return with his other half. If your looking for a romantic surprise and something completely out of this world this would be the place.

I myself will be enquiring about returning with my partner or maybe just for a gentleman's fishing weekend with a friend.

Once again Helen and Jon thank you for letting my father an i stay at your picturesque creation.

Your age range 25-34
8 Oct 2017
Now that is a review to end all reviews

Thankyou so much for all your kind words,and for passing on all the information to all in tripadvisor land

The much modernised fishing lodge has proved very popular with some of the anglers who stayed in old fishing lodge

Thankyou again

Helen
sharonHer...
Hertfordshire
“Amazing little dog friendly hideaway”
Reviewed 4 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Was so excited when we stumbled across this unique place online and were over the moon when Helen swiftly responded to advise it was available giving us a child free mini break.

We stayed just 2 nights with our dogs

If you are after a bolt hole away from fast paced living that still has ammenties within a short drive then this place is for you.

When we arrived and rounded the corner my jaw dropped, the photos really do not do this place justice.

The owners have thought of everything, we spent the day exploring the lake and fishing and even found plastic lunch boxes that we used for a picnic.

The toiletries, fluffy towels, snuggly slippers and dressing gowns were a lovely touch.

We found board games, a selection of CD's and DVD's and enjoyed having the music on in the evening while we cooked dinner and had a glass of wine.

John the owner made us feel so welcome in the grounds, gave us lots of information about the area and encouraged us to let our dogs roam off leads. I think they had as much fun as we did.

The lake seemed well stocked with fish, and my husband caught a good size one during our stay.

The squirriels were very entertaining, I could of sat for hours watching them.

I cannot find a negative thing to say and we have just booked to return again with our children

5 May 2017
Thankyou for a wonderful review,

we are so glad the treehouse gave you all the memories you wished it would,It is wonderful to think you and the children will be returning to stay once again......soon,

Again thankyou for taking time to tell all tripadvisor visitors about our treehouse and that you were so happy with all aspects of your stay

Helen
Vivien S
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good experience a little overpriced as definitely doesn't sleep four adults”
Reviewed 30 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This treehouse was lovely, high spec, very comfortable, warm, good amenities with some coffee pods for coffeemaker, tea bags. hot chocolate sachets. Nice bathroom, lovely mezzanine with comfortable double bed. Cosy but not tiny and good little kitchen. Nice swinging seat beneath. However we were disappointed when we opened the sofa bed to find that it wasn't at all a double, much more of a single, so one of our family had to sleep on cushions on the floor. This is not what I expected 1. from the description and 2. from the price. It was a shame as the treehouse is lovely but it left a sour taste in our mouths as we felt it was not a fair description to say that the treehouse sleeps 4. Also, if you come from London or a big noisy city, you might find it tranquil, but actually it is rather close to a busy A road and you hear quite a lot of traffic noise outside. We live next to a ring road of similar size at home so we're used to it, but it certainly wasn't blissfully quiet.

5 May 2017
Thankyou for taking time to leave a review
In response to your comments we would like to bring to your attention that on the website clearly states it is suitable for TWO adults and TWO children..."or to use the EXACT text from the website

"Sleeping 1-4 persons (2 adults & 2 children)"

With referable to noise from a nearby rd we feel it's fair to say we are not responsible for vehicles using the closest road,however in the interest of giving accurate information to future visitors we do wish to point out that you had the full PRIVATE use of the large 8 acre lawn that you entered across and that separates the hidden treehouse from the road you took time to mention....

We are glad we were able to give you all the opportunity to stay in a treehouse
j45dan
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 12 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Wow what a hidden gem of a place!
I can't find one negative thing to say, Helen was wonderful during email contact, we bumped into her husband who took the time to tell a little about the area and the treehouse, lodge, lake etc...
We planned to visit the area around as we had heard lots about the beautiful wals but ended up staying in the treehouse the whole weekend. It's not very often anyone gets to spend so much time completely alone to enjoy the peace and quiet and be entertained by the birds, squirrels etc...
The owners have really thought of everything throughout the treehouse and outside area, my partner forgot his wellies (we went on a wet weekend) and there was even a spare pair of hunter ones in the wellie store.
Anyone wanting a romantic weekend getaway, we cannot recommend Trunkquility treehouse enough! But we are also hoping to go back in the summer with friends and family so we can enjoy the outside area more.
Thanks again ☺️

12 Feb 2017
Thankyou so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review,it really means a lot to know people like yourselves are happy to tell others in tripadvisor land about the treehouse
we look forward to seeing you again in the summer with the other friends and family......
Debbiebot...
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Return to Treetops after 12 years”
Reviewed 11 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I visited this last time in 2004.....as a fishing holiday with free accommodation (treetops as it was affectionately known), I thought it would be a nice break.

I'd always thought of returning, and after hearing of its, renaming, updating and vast improvement, from a shed in the trees to what you see now, and through its many reviews, I decided to book a stay.

Simply an outstanding place that offers privacy and seclusion, and what seemed to be instant contact with local nature, if that's your thing.

After my short stay, I will be looking at a return later in the year.
The surrounding area, the City and the County was a plus side to my visit.

The owners were very easy to deal with and go out of their way to make you feel at home!

12 Feb 2017
Thankyou for your review, so glad you enjoyed your SECONDS stay at the treehouse,please don't leave it so long next time
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing