All reviews travel lodge small car park limited parking west quay family room perfect location town centre isle of wight cruise terminal high street minute walk ground floor what it says on the tin main road short stay budget hotel overnight stay
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed at the hotel before our cruise and after it. Both times were not up to the standards I was expecting.

The first time we arrived we were fairly happy with the staff, nice and helpful. However the room was not the nicest I have seen. It had a big stain on the bed sheets. It looked like the place was not well cleaned.

The second time we stayed wasn't the best either. The afternoon staff wasn't welcoming at all, on the contrary was quite rude. The way she spoke to us was a bit out of place to be honest. This time the room looked a little bit cleaner even though the shower curtain looked a bit messy.

Overall I would not go back as I really didn't enjoy myself and it was not to the standards I expected.

1  Thank 281elef
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Southampton Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken to write this review of our Travelodge Southampton Central Hotel.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the service received, where you felt the hotel did not deliver consistent customer care.Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we would like to apologise that your room was not cleaned to our usual high standard. We will be sure to pass your valuable comments to the hotel to ensure that the service we provide improves.

We look forward to hearing from you and improving the service we offer. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I wish we could have spent more time at this lovely hotel. The staff was very nice (Tracy? Terry? lovely woman at the desk), the room spacious and clean, and the food in their restaurant fresh and delicious. I found this place online as we needed a place to spend the night before our cruise. Should I cruise from here again, I would definitely book an extra night or two as there seems to be so much to do in Southampton. So many restaurants, a fascinating old wall built long long ago, and museums, parks... a lovely place and near the pier so the taxi ride was short the next day.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Off the bus, pop into West Quay and across the road is the hotel. The girl on the desk was lovely but they did confuse my requirements so I was on the ground floor with more beds than I needed. It was just me staying there. Did not enjoy being on the ground floor. My window looks out at the main road right outside the hotel. I could see the bus stop I just got off at! No room service and when I left the guy on the desk was really not interested. Did not say a word, didn't even make eye contact. If you want a no frills room to stay in the is perfect but if like me, you like a bit of acknowledgment that you've put money in their till then don't bother. Customers do not come first.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Southampton Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for submitting your review of our Travelodge Southampton Central Hotel.

We are sorry to learn staff were not helpful and welcoming during your visit, it is the utmost importance to us that our hotel team offer an upbeat welcome from check in to check out.

We would like to apologise also, that you did not enjoy being on the ground floor. For future reference we would kindly suggest bringing this up during your stay and possibly requesting to move rooms if availability is there.

We will be sure to pass your valuable feedback to the hotel for you to improve the service we offer and would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Would recommend this hotel for short stay. We stayed for 5 nights and found difficulty in storing clothes because there was no wardrobe just a small rail attached to wall. However the room was spotless and bed comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We have stayed at this Travelodge before and I have to say the second time was just as good as the first time. We stayed on a Thursday night, I am not sure if that made any difference in the parking but there was ample room when we got there and it was only £5 for the whole night!
The people at check in were friendly and welcoming and our room was clean and comfortable. My wife needed a hairdryer and asked at reception and they promptly provided one. It was happy hour when we checked (between 4pm and 6pm) so we had a couple of drinks in the bar.
We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the town centre, you can't get much closer it is right on the doorstep and only a 5 minute walk to the quay side where you can watch all the ships coming and going.
We will definitely stay here again it is great value and the staff are so friendly, it was a great start to our holiday!!

1  Thank DavidG5502