Reviews (1 807)
1 808 results
All reviews privilege room high street city centre the hotel car park pre cruise stayed for one night comfy bed full english cruise terminal dolphins wetherspoons port annex docks ship
599 - 604 of 1 808 reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Even when taking a room upgrade this hotel is long overdue a refurbishment, bedrooms generally poor with single glazed windows that do not keep out noise or cold. Central heating system is replaced by electric heaters.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ECDolphinHotelGM, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Dear AJ08MUX

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel

In response, I appreciate that some areas of the hotel are in need of modernisation and improvement and I am pleased to say that this is taking place.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Room Tip: Don't book a room at this hotel. No room is recommended. Both the standard and family rooms are poor!!!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with 7Ideas.com

Reviewed 5 March 2016

The trip got off to a not too great a start with a room in the main hotel with a gap in to the bathroom window I could get my finger in and a radiator flacking several layers of paint. Thankfully all it took was a quick trip to reception and I was moved into a courtyard room.

The second room had clearly been recently refurbished and to the standard I would expect of a Mercure hotel.

The food was very good and Nathan the Barman was by far the most approachable and friendliest member of staff in the hotel. As a solo traveller this is always important to me. The food, was exceptional and the bed the comfiest I think I've ever slept in.

Initial impressions were bad but I was impressed at the speed that this was turned around.

Room Tip: Ask for a court yard room.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo

Dear f198fna

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments onto Tripadvisor, we value our customer’s feedback and check the website regularly to help monitor and maintain our high standards of service.

I was pleased to hear that after a rocky start to your trip we managed to restore faith by delivering high service standards and creating a friendly atmosphere at the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.

I will pass on your kind comments to Nathan and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Stayed here for a pre-cruise night. Decent location to the cruise port and several good restaurants and pubs nearby but the hotel itself is dated and needs updating. The rooms were a decent size but the furniture was old. The service desk was well maintained and the staff very nice but the hotel in general was a disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian A

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.

The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments.

I appreciate that some areas of the hotel are in need of modernisation and improvement and I am pleased to say that this is taking place. I am working with my maintenance team to improve all of the paintwork in the hotel and I am pleased with the progress that is being made.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

We attended a friends wedding and stayed one night. The room lighting was inadequate, you could not see to do makeup etc. There was no hot water in the morning. The staff at breakfast were inattentive. Now to the wedding. It appeared as though thsi was the first wedding they had ever organised. The staff were uncaring and did not know who had ordered what. They did not know which guests had allergys or intollerances. The service was to say the least chaotic. The bar for the event was staffed by one member of staff for most of the night. She worked very hard to serve people but you could see she was exhausted and at her wits end as she ran out of glasses and had no way of contacting anyone to help. I do not think she even got a comfort break for a number of hours. The only good point was once the food was served it was very good.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear garycummins5

I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel appreciate your feedback, and we are looking into the points you have raised.