All reviews family run hotel main road chain hotels breakfast was excellent city centre large bathroom the main hotel free wifi family room no elevator leave your car cruise stay southampton university would definitely stay here again full english busy road good size
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stay here quite often, well at least once a year. There is always a great welcome and you are made to feel at home.

The rooms are well decorated and furnished and we have always had a great sleep. Their breakfast is excellent. If you are staying when their basement restaurant, Lizzies, is open then I can recommend a visit. The hotel is close to Southampton City Centre.

It has free car parking and free wifi

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Jamie B, Owner at Elizabeth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Peter,

Thank you for writing such a positive review.

It was great seeing you again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was made to feel most welcome and valued as a client at this wonderful hotel. Jamie, the Manager was a total professional at arrival, departure and in between. Superb food in the restaurant for both Dinner and Breakfast. Great Bar area. My room was spotless.
Well located on The Avenue it is a 10 minute walk to the Bedford Place area where life is vibrant. Another few minutes and you are in the city centre. Ideal for Cruises as they have a large car park to the rear where they will keep vehicles safe.
A real English B&B..and more to experience. The Elizabeth House combines quality and value underpinned by a professional team who appear dedicated to provding outstanding service so a revisit is a certainty.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review.

I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and I look forward to passing on all the positive messages to the rest of the time.

I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived here this week to be told they had not received my booking through Laterooms. This was not an issue as the excellent young lady on reception soon had me booked in any I was directed to my room. Nice and clean with a lovely comfy bed. Location is great, only a 10 minute walk into the centre of town. Plenty of free parking at the hotel. Small bar and restaurant area downstairs. Breakfast was good and set me up nicely for a day on the road. Would stay again, thanks for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank IanPLancashire

Dear Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review.

I'm so pleased our team was able to resolve the issue immediately and great to hear you had a good stay.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this hotel for a business function and ended up eating in the bar restaurant. Whilst small it’s very welcoming and great atmosphere and the food was superb! A starter mix in the group of wings & squid was Devine and I can tell you the Steak & Ale pie was one of the best I have had !

A family run Hotel - this place is a little gem and from what I heard of the other guests comments it has a regular clientele that just keep coming back ! Now I know why !! Well done the owners

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Russell,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

It was great to hear you enjoyed your meal in the newly refurbished bar and restaurant. I will pass on the great comments to the Chef.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel after a truly awful experience at another Hotel to be greeted by what I can only say was a breath of fresh air in the form of Naomi the receptionist at the Elizabeth house. We explained we were late for a comedy festival and she booked us in in record QuickTime she was friendly and extremely efficient. Our room was spacious and extremely clean. She explained the night porter would let us in on our return and booked us a taxi to get to our event, from arriving at the hotel to arriving at our event it was about 30 minutes we were so impressed. We arrived back in the evening to be greeted by the night porter who was so friendly and genuinely interested in what we been up to that evening it was a pleasure to have a conversation with him. After a very restful night sleep, our room was so quiet you could hear none of the outside traffic on what is actually a very busy road, we went down for breakfast. The breakfast room was spacious and laid out so that you weren’t eating breakfast all on top of each other which is rare in hotels. There was a large choice of options on offer and our breakfast arrived Hot and in very quick time. When checking out we met Jamie who was the owner of the hotel he was friendly and once again genuinely interested in our experience and what we been up to while visiting Southampton. The whole experience was a delight and we wouldn’t hesitate in staying at this wonderful hotel again in the future. Jamie and his team have delivered a truly award-winning experience in the hospitality industry.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank gijo1979
Jamie B, Owner at Elizabeth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your positive feedback.

Fantastic to hear every aspect of your stay was an enjoyable one. I look forward to passing on all the great messages to the rest of the team and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Elizabeth House Hotel in the near future.