Reviews (1 982)
1 982 results
All reviews separate toilet police station executive room tgi fridays pancake machine mini fridge accor hotels car park retail park sofa bed cruise terminal good size west quay shopping centre per day pre cruise leisure facilities short stay
152 - 157 of 1 982 reviews
Reviewed 2 January 2018

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Patrick_Le_Henaff, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We stayed here when visiting our son at Southampton University. My husband is a Club Accor gold card member and we had an upgrade to a larger room. We also received a token for two complimentary drinks at the bar: the bar tender (we think the boss) made them large glasses of wine. It was all very friendly and much appreciated. Our booking included breakfast which was of the help-yourself variety with a substantial range of good quality hot and cold food. We had planned on using the pool but didn't get time. Maybe next time...The car park is shared with the neighbouring Ibis Hotel (and I think something else). There is a parking charge but it is secure. The hotel is well situated for the city centre. All in all, very good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UKCleopatra2013
Patrick_Le_Henaff, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Dear Cleopatra,
This is with great satisfaction I am reading your great feedback about your last stay in our hotel Novotel Southampton. This is for the team a great source of motivation that will even push us to get better. Thank you and we hope to see you once again in a near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We stayed Christmas Eve whilst visiting relatives. The price was very reasonable. We booked a standard room but we were upgraded to an executive room. The size of the room is the same (I think as it wasn't big at all) but you get some extra goodies like ipod speakers, robes, coffee machine, tooth brush, sewing kit etc. Personally I don't think I would pay the extra to stay in the exec room. They did leave us a Christmas card and some chocolates. A very nice touch.

The staff were very friendly and check in was easy. The pool was nice and the water warm. The sauna was ok. The breakfast was nice and they had a large selection of items to choose from. You do have to pay for parking at 8pd.

The hotel is 5-10 minutes walk to the centre of the town centre so it is very convenient.

It was a nice stay and I would definitely recommend and would visit again.

p.s. all the staff were very friendly and courteous which made the stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Andrew,
Thank you very much for your stay, I am very happy to see you had a good time with us your very nice feed back will be given to the team and will even bring higher their motivation. I do hope we will see you once again in a near future. Happy New Year.
Kind Regards,
Novotel southampton

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I'm so glad I wasn't the one footing the bill because I'd have asked for my money back, stone cold potatoes and parsnips served as part of a sharing platter for a table of 10 but there was barely enough food there for one person let alone 10. I don't know what they charged for it whatever it was, It was too much but if the drinks prices were anything to go by it wasn't cheap £2 for a Soda and Lime which is basically carbonated water with a dash of lime cordial what a rip-off. They also had one of the worst Disco's I have ever seen in my life constant foul language almost non-existant mixing between tracks and even worse announcing songs with the wrong artist according to their DJ Foreigners song Don't stop believin' is a Bon Jovi hit LOL and the DJs were scruffy and so cheesy it was embarrassing. to top it all off the staff were clearing away the tables an hour before it was due to finish, removing all the decorations and basically making the guests feel like they where in the way.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank tonybonett

Dear Tony,
Thank you for your feedback. We received many great comments about our Christmas Parties held in Decembers and I can't identify when could have been your dissatisfaction. Please call me directif you wish to discuss further. Tel 02380 330 550.
Kind regards,
I wish you all the best for this new year.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Another great stay at the Southampton Novotel!!!
We stayed on Christmas Eve again, and had a great time.
Lovely room, slightly dated, but with a new design.
Excellent staff, thank you all.
Will see you soon.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Patrick_Le_Henaff, General Manager at Novotel Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear Joe,
Thank you very much for your stay. I am glad to see you very happy and hope we will see you once again in a near future.
Patrick Le Henaff,