“Nice but not not in line with venue”

The Jetty, Ocean Village
Ranked #16 of 909 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$28 - US$167
Description: With spectacular panoramic views across Ocean Village Marina, The Jetty Restaurant concept has landed in Southampton. Following on from the success of The Jetty restaurant (famous for its stunning seafood) in Christchurch, expect the finest, local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients. A great place to gather with friends, open a bottle of wine and enjoy
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice venue and location for a lunch time dinner but don’t expect value for money or food that reflects the venue. Disappointing quality and tasting food. Limited appealing options for vegetarians.

Service was good with friendly and accommodating staff. Not a lot to say other than choose somewhere else

2  Thank KSM868
Tomas K, General Manager at The Jetty, Ocean Village, responded to this reviewResponded today

Thank you for your feedback. I was a little surprised by your descriptions and not quite sure if your review was meant for The Jetty. If your review is based on a Jetty experience I would like to discuss this with you if you could contact me at: tklima@thejetty.co.uk

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in the Harbour Hotel and had booked an evening meal here having had a good experience at the Jetty in Christchurch.
The restaurant is situated within the hotel on the ground floor with really well spaced out tables - you do not feel surrounded by others.
The sashimi is perfection and the halibut as a main course was great. My partner had the quail followed by the cod with a crab crust and was equally satisfied.
Coupled with a great Chenin Blanc, good service and a nice ambience would recommend this to all.

2  Thank Cliff L
Tomas K, General Manager at The Jetty, Ocean Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

The food, the wine, the restaurant - it sounds like you have had a lovely evening. Thank you very much for your kind review.
We hope you will be visiting us soon again.

Jetty General manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Tuna tuna tuna to start with was full of Asian flavours with chilli, ginger, sake, soy sauce and an avocado & wasabi ice cream! Great combinaison. My main course was a lovely chicken breast with mash and a side order of wild mushroom & truffle risotto with poached egg and Madeira sauce. Service was friendly and efficient. Thanks for looking after me so well. Will visit again!

2  Thank Frenchy28Chartres
Tomas K, General Manager at The Jetty, Ocean Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

A very kind review. We are very pleased to see that you have enjoyed our food and service. We will be waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Jetty is without doubt my favourite restaurant. It’s fabulous for lunch and dinner whether as a couple or with friends. I have been about 9 times since it opened in October last year. Each time the food and service has been excellent. I shall be returning again soon!

2  Thank Katie O

Thank you very much for your great review. We cannot wait to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We dined here are the beginning of March our 4th visit since they opened.

We started at the bar and had a few pre dinner drinks a couple of glasses of champagne and a gin each.

We went to our table and ordered I had the taste of tuna which was ok two out of the three bites were nice one was actually not good. I then had the whole roasted bream
Which they kindly deboned for me. It was ok slightly over cooked and the chilli flavour it advertised was non existent.

My husband had steak as main bleu was ordered medium rare arrived. Steak was sent back and they offered to take mine back and keep it warm whilst a new meal was being prepared. My fish was slightly over anyway so being under a hot light for another 10 minutes would have ruined it completely so I declined.

Service was good but not as good as it had been on past visits.

Still an excellent place to eat and we will return I just hope they aren’t letting their standards slip.

2  Thank Rhpring
Tomas K, General Manager at The Jetty, Ocean Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your feedback and rating. The whole team had read your review and has taken your constructive points aboard. We hope we will welcome you back soon again and show you that our standards are definitely not slipping.