All reviews cupcakes goody bag cup cakes journey home little touches cereal bars on arrival double jacuzzi breakfast in bed breakfast was amazing quality toiletries full english amazing hotel stayed for one night great room checking out a lovely stay
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Great hotel with welcoming staff. Additional free drinks in lounge area and home baked cookies. Room was very nice with lots of gold features and good quality toiletries. Comfortable bed and good nights sleep. Breakfast was good quality and a nice selection.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Josh B, General Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear hpm1987,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am very happy to hear that you found our staff welcoming and that all our little touches did go unnoticed.

I am also glad you enjoyed your breakfast.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had stayed in Hayling Island for my birthday in March but I was ill with a stomach bug for the whole time so missed the Mary Rose. This, our second trip, and for my partner's birthday, we returned to the city and chose to stay at the G-Boutique having seen it a year or so ago on TV's 4 in a Bed. So pleased we did. Awarded 4.95/5
The hotel lost a mark when I arrived early, following a meeting in Southampton, but I wasn't able to check in (my part er was driving up from Cor wall and we had agreed to mwet at the hotel). The receptionist (Mark/Josh?) was very polite and offered to look after my case while I went off to amuse myself for a couple of hours. As the taxi driver had explained the beach was only a short way away and given me directions I took myself off to the promenade. Just as well it was a glorious day the previous one had been dire.
Arriving back a little after 2 o'clock I checked in and was shown to our room. Mark/Josh carried my bag and had already given me loads of info about getting to the Dockyard and the shopping village, marking them on a little map for me. Left to myself I spotted two mini cupcakes on a napkin with 'eat me' written on it. I was good, I didn't - not then anyway. What a lovely touch! Looking around the room, it was not huge but adequate for a couple of nights, with a proper wardrobe and drawers! Becoming a rarity in hotels nowadays. It was very clean as was the bathroom, which was rather small with shower over the bath. Just about to start to take off my shoes and unpack when the room phone rang. Weird to hear as that doesn't happen often nowadays either- was the receptionist advising that we had been upgraded as a cancellation had ocurred. What a super surprise - they got the lost point back.
Mark/Josh came to collect me and showed me up a flight of stairs to 'Glad'- forgot to say all the rooms are named with g-words not numbers. It is one of the rooms featured on the TV show - was very happy. Lovely bright large room, with huge bathroom featuring a roll top bath and teo person walk-in shower with monsoon shower heads. It also has a separate sitting area with baroque style sofa, very elegant. Again all very clean and the bathroom also. A good number of hangers in the wardrobe, well stocked tea/coffee tray, TV, hairdryer, good quality toiletries and Mark/Josh brought our little cakes up too. Not a brilliant view but a little better than the first one.
The hotel does not do meals other than breakfast but can serve meals in your room, they include a menu in the room information pack. Meant to ask about that but forgot. Breakfast is cooked by Sara - and very good it is too. A large choice of cooked options, including pancakes (packaged I think not freshly made but very nice), and it is all well cooked and very tasty. There is also a buffet of cereals, Danish pastries, cold meat and cheese with a choice of 2 juices and water. We enjoyed our breakfasts, J had cooked 'baby g' both days, I had pancakes one day and baby g without egg and mushrooms and was offers an alternative to those so had extra tomatoes. The breakfast room team is excellent, had a super fun conversation with Sara on day 2, about my dining room table. Hilarious. As a leaving surprise she gave us a couple of newly finished strawberry cup cakes - absolutely lovely, really enjoyed them.
Now, why the lost half mark? The rooms and some other areas are showing signs of wear and tear and is in need of a little tlc. In our room some of the fittings have been scuffed, a strategically placed box of tissues over a dent and scratch on a bedside table, carpet on stairs a little worn and so on. We did report at checking out a light out in the bathroom and my partner (a diy addict) advised the shelf supports in the bathroom were upside down.
But my personal bugbear - mirrors!! I am 4ft 11 in tall, and shortsighted, the mirror in the bathroom was right in height for both J (6ft tall) and me, however it was not lit and putting my face on was near impossible with neither electric, nor natural,light. The mirror over the dressing table in the bedroom is lovely and fits the decor perfectly. However I could only use it to do my hair standing up, as sitting on the stool the mirror is way too high. These issues are not deal breakers but they are important - to me in any case.
We loved our treats -including the goody bag when we left which contained two bottles of water and cereal bars, along with our cakes. We love our stay and the upgrade, unasked for, was a lovely and welcome surprise, breakfasts were superb, staff totally lovely, room beautiful and very very clean and well equipped.
Other than the little things mentioned above it was top notch. We will book again when we next visit the area, probably around Christmas.

1  Thank Ria M

Dear Ria M,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning to our hotel.
Also that you enjoyed your little treats.

Where possible we do try to upgraded to advance our guest stay.

Im glad you enjoyed everything our breakfast had to offer.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at the G, first time was in November last year when we were put up in a great room with big bathroom and very reasonably priced. This time I booked direct because was told by the manager last time they do upgrades or money off which they did do, took £40 off the bill which was nice.
Unfortunately our room this time 'Gorgeous' was not as good. The bed was uncomfortable, the shower is pitiful to the point that it's dreadful, good for watering delicate flowers but not good for washing yourself! The room served a purpose but the window opened to two finger width so being a warm muggy night meant no air circulation. Why have windows that hardly open? We paid in advance so hardly going to do a bunk!!!
The breakfast was superb each morning and the staff helpful and friendly.
Just a shame that the hotel didn't live up to our experience last time. This was supposed to be a superior room, it was superior money but certainly NOT a superior room.
Location is great and plenty of parking. Would we go there again if in Portsmouth? Sadly not after this last trip.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Josh B, General Manager at G! Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear jonnib71,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I'm sorry to hear about dissatisfaction with your last stay.

In regards to the shower I will look into that immediately and rectify that immediately.

The windows on the ground floor of hotels have be restricted as it is a safety messure which we have no control over unfortunately.

I am glad you found the staff helpful and friendly and that you also enjoyed your breakfast.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights, lovely clean rooms, breakfast was delicious and plentiful and staff went that extra mile.... Location was good for beach and shops. Free parking.
Overall a Great place to stay!....

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am very happy that you found us a great place to stay and that you found breakfast delicious.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My plane was delayed by the time coming from Gatwick and having dinner with my son I've reached the hotel by 1am. The person was kind and welcome me despite the late arrival. For the room was OK but full of dust everywhere. In the bathroom only two small shower and shampoo and no bath mat. I've ordered my breakfast in the room well simple and not exceptional except on my departure they have given me a small bag with a bottle of water and a chocolate bar.vly Actually I did know that this hotel actually more for couple. Nothing to add.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear queeny06,

Thank you for finding the time to write this review.

I would firstly like to apologise if you found the room to be dusty as this is not the norm at G! Boutique Hotel we pride ourselves on our clean and tidy rooms.

In regards to the options of shower gel and shampoo we take that on board and look to what we can change the products we use currently to offer more.

With the bath mats we do have sign in the bathrooms advising guest to call reception if you require a bath mat as we do not leave them in the rooms to maintain that they are kept clean and in good working order.