“not great”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Harvester Port Solent in Portsmouth food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Portsmouth, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Port Solent, Paulsgrove and Cosham, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have been before and always liked Harvester, however this experience was not good. It was very quiet and ordered 4 meals, we had to wait 40 minuets, yet people who ordered after us got their food a lot quicker and before us. When the food came my chips were cold, as were my brothers sweet potato fries. My wrap had rotten lettuce in and barley any avocados as advertised. I would not recommend, expensive for what we got.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester Port Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Sjane A, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I went to this restaurant as we were trying to be good and they have the salad bar yay. I always have the simply chicken because its pretty much the only thing I have. I've liked it even more since they put a little bit more on the plate since the refurb of the menu. Anyway I ordered the simply chicken received it, looked great, looked at the chicken and thought it doesn't look right but hey, took a bite and my mouth started burning up was getting bit itchy (might be allergic but never got tasted, my mouth goes like this even with the simply pepper) I called 3times saying excuse me, she then came over, I asked is there pepper on this, she wasn't sure but our waitress came over I asked her, she said yeah it's always had pepper on it. I said I've had it for years and not once has it been served with pepper, she then said someone has been missing steps then. She took it back to get a plain one for me. My friend is eating her food, she ordered broccoli on the side it never came, I went to get a drink because my mouth was still hot when the waitress approached and said they don't have any plan. She offered me rosserie chicken but I don't eat off the bone. When back to choose something else to eat, waitress went away to find out about the broccoli and came back with my broccoli and apologised they had none so would she like the ones from my plate. We said no thank you. I wasn't gonna order anything as my friend basically finished but she said go for it so I had a starter because like I said I'm fussy. Once I finished we waited a while to get our bill, I was happy and thankful she had taken the bits off. The overall experience we weren't happy with. We went and got a desert at whether spoons - gorgeous

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester Port Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Shepvisit, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described. Thank you for leaving feedback. Please reach out to us at 023 9220 1012 so we may identify ways to improve your experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Food bland and tasteless, only good thing is salad bar!
I had chicken, it was over cooked and tasteless
, not the first time for this ei5her

Pam B, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We have just had a family meal with 13 people which we all thoroughly enjoyed. The waitress, VIVI was so good it made our whole day. Although it was a busy time, Their was nothing she couldn't do for us that was too much, even getting everyone to sing "happy birthday" for one of our party (thank you VIVI) All the food was excellently prepared and the dessert was delicious. Everyone left full and happy. The only down side was that the room was strangely hot and everyone around was sweating. Overall we will definitely be back.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester Port Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Mickacton1, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Harvester Port Solent! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a few times now, I’ve never had a good experience about staff, except this two time:
Came in 15/06 night around 9ish I believe. Waited a bit at the door as I think they were busy, but then I’ve been took over to my table. I believe it was the manager he was nice.
After that a lovely waitress called Lauren came over. I’ve had a rough day and she made me feel really welcomed. She was honest about the food (what I really liked) and also very nice and kind person. Her whole service was brilliant. She was chatty but not too chatty, smiling, perfect.
My next visit was 18/06 for breakfast been served by Charlie. She is a really nice and welcoming lady.
Keep those nice waitresses Harvester and get rid of some of the rude ones with the attitude because you have some!
Lauren and Charlie is the kind of waitresses who is going to make your bussiness successfull!
I am managing a restaurant myself so I know how good sevice is looks like.
Well done ladies!

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester Port Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Renáta R, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Harvester Port Solent! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!