“Relaxed late lunch”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My partner suggested this bistro, having eaten there before.
As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff and shown to a good table.
The choice of food was good and we each chose fish for both courses.
The dishes were well cooked, well presented and very tasty.
Will definitely eat there again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been to Abarbistro many times over the years but won't bother going back. Last night our party of 5 sat down for dinner; 2 hours and 5 minutes later our main courses finally arrived.

It took ages to actually place an order and I had to go and ask them to do it otherwise I'm sure it wouldn't have happened.

I opted for the burger as I wasn't feeling particularly adventurous. That was a mistake. It was rubbery with a horrible texture, the toasted brioche bun had been toasted some time before and was cold and the lettuce, tomato and pickle were straight out of a very cold fridge. Put together it was a very disappointing combination. Who knew you could mess up a burger?

I also didn't really appreciate the waitress liberally spraying disinfectant around as she cleaned the table next to me as we were eating.

The staff did provide a bottle of wine at no charge (to give us something to do while we waited) and were apologetic for the delay, but the bottom line is if you book your restaurant to capacity then you have to ensure you can actually cater for that many people. They certainly couldn't last night and what should have been a good night out was spoiled as a result.

2  Thank Alec P
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Came here a few weeks ago with a friend for lunch and some drinks. Staff approach wasn’t great, took a while to take our order and when we did they took 45 mins to bring our starters out, and as we was eating our Starters they brought out mains out before we even finished our starters, I was quite unhappy with this but we quickly finished our starters and started to eat our main dish. The portion was really cold and when I asked be waitress about this she went all defensive and said that it’s because I had left it for a while. It was no more than 3 minutes. Really upset overall as this used to be my favourite place but now it’s just not the same as it was.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Booked a large table for 10 of us for my girlfriend's birthday. Required £3 pp deposit, fine. The place looks great, and staff were really attentive including catering for gluten-free diets with completely gf menus. However, the food wasn't all that great for the price, a few of our party made similar comments.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I recently took my mother & father for a Sunday roast for my mothers birthday. My wife & I had the lamb & my parents had the pork. Both absolutely spot on. Atmosphere was great, service too & luckily my Ma gave me some of her pork cracking, which was the best I've ever had! Will be going again soon. I even told the manager Steven it was her birthday & he made a bit of a fuss about her making her day.