Reviews (1 386)
1 386 results
All reviews football ground fratton station retail park travel kettle fast food outlets room was clean what it says on the tin rooms are basic continental breakfast one night stay short stay wi fi an overnight stay free parking double room ferry port tea and coffee
14 - 19 of 1 386 reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2018

A good room with comfortable bed and side chair, really good for a reasonable price. An good location easy access to all the places I needed to get to, also a safe place to leave the car nearby. Breakfast was really delicious with plenty to choose from.

Stayed: September 2018
IbisbudgetPortsmouth, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear marinerone23,
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took full advantage of our free car parking.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I am a single female traveller with a lot of luggage.
I came off a cruise ship in Southampton and took a taxi (around 50 pounds) to the Ibis Budget Portsmouth for a few days to see the area and catch up with friends.

Location:
-Train station: (Fratton train to London city and Gatwick airport)
Note: If you have alot of luggage you need to walk the long distance over the bridge (25 minutes) or there is a step bridge closer.

-Bus: Local buses on the main street near by. I brought an all day ticket to get off and on. Bus takes you to city centre and main wharf area to see all attractions, shopping and boat trips.

-Food: Two Fast food places and a very big Tesco 1 minute walk.

-Walking: You can walk down to the seaside and over to the main attraction area. Give yourself 2 h to 3 hours plus. Worth walking on the seafront lots of history and things to see and do.
Walk to the city centre, about 20 minutes easy walking.

University: Can walk to the university or catch bus. About 20 to 30 minutes.
You need to know where your going, its very big.

Staff: Lovely welcome, provided with information on buses etc. Cleaning staff very friendly and helpful.

Room: As all Ibis budget rooms they are very similar. Clear, tidy, TV, lift, plastic cups, soap, stool to sit on. All you need for afew nights.

Room for a big suit case: Not really but you can work around it

Shower products: Only 2 small soaps provide at the hand basin

Dining Room: Did not dine but area very clean and tidy.

Baggage storage: Yes.

Internet: Was able to use in my room at no extra charge.

Carpark: Parking outside hotel. Not sure if there is a charge.

Price: Got in early for a good rate.

Did I feel safe: Yes

Would I stay there again: Yes

Room Tip: no best views, surrounded by buildings
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear skytraveller50,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in such depth, I'm sure many of our travellers will appreciate the detail you have provided. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Don't expect to much, there's a reason why it's called budget hotel. Very basic hotel rooms we had a triple which is a double bed with one bunk bed over the top of the double. The too s were clean and tidy, warm through the night. No hand towels provided or hairdryer and no tea, coffee facilities in the rooms either. It wasn't noisy in the night. There is a large Tesco store across the road and Mac Donalds.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chell B

Dear Chell B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
For future reference, we do have hairdryers available for guests, you'd just need to ask our reception team. We hope we can welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I was utterly shocked at the poor service and the lack of basic facilities. Honestly, it is not worth the £45 a night, less than 2 minutes after checking in I was up and straight out of there with a refund and paid an extra £30 to stay at Premier Inn who kindly let me book last minute. Honestly feels like a hospital, not a hotel. Poor lighting, decor, would rather sleep in an office or my car... no tea/coffee making facilities, computer size tv, no comfort and was put in a disabled room without the staff telling me. Didn’t even put my bags down and the reception did not even offer an apology or ask what the problem was, no attempt to resolve and I was more than reasonable and polite.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear greshem11,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad the staff were able to process your refund quickly and without an issue when you decided to check out.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

the hotels rooms are basic but comfortable for a short or long stay in portsmouth. there are plenty of good restaurants easily accessed from the hotel. parking facilities are also available. a selection of light snacks and pizzas, and a selection of drinks, both soft and alcohol are also available

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms offer a roof top view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
IbisbudgetPortsmouth, Public Relations Manager at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Tyrone S,
Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you again to the hotels soon.