“Great surprise”
Review of Whole Earth Cafe

Whole Earth Cafe
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

What a lovely place to eat!
Great food, great people, great tap water, (yes! Ask for tap water! :) )
Healthy, fresh ingredients! If you drive through there, please stop and give it a try!!!

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We found this place by accident while on the way to another restaurant

I noticed the sign then the full car park and thought it was worth a look

So happy we did

Excellent Red Cappuccino (Roisbos) and Choccoccino

The full breakfast was delicious too and service and people so friendly

Lots of happy children, parents and dogs here too

A must stop on the way from Chapmans Peak to Cape Point

1  Thank TomDyerUCF
Reviewed 20 March 2017

A charming renovation of what was a private beach home/cottage sees welcoming and friendly Aura Kolnick manage a friendly crew of kitchen and waiting staff, who it is a real pleasure to be served by. As the name implies. fresh ingredients and local produce is the order of the day here, and vegetarians are very well catered for, with interesting and innovative offerings. Rest assured it is not purely vegetarian nor vegan and there are delicious daily specials for all,plus a good range of wines and more. We sat on one of the verandahs and loved it. The breakfast menu looks very tempting, and there is small shop and deli too. Worth seeking out.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We called in twice whilst on a fortnights cycling holiday in the Cape. The coffee is genuinely good (nice rich crema on the top) and the cake selection varies but is really good with generous slices. Cake slices are served with Instagram in mind, and yes, I liked mine so much I took its darned picture.
We also booked a table for lunch part way through a 160km ride and went for the bagel burgers (one with meat, one spicy veggie burger). These were properly excellent, and I forget if we had options because it doesn't matter - we both had chunky sweet potato fries which were divine, particularly with the little pot of sweet tangy tomato chutney served with them. My only regret (and this is nothing to do with the restaurant) is that my eyes were substantially bigger than my belly and those uphill kilometres immediately afterwards cycling towards Cape Point into a headwind were a challenge with a bellyful of amazingly good food.
Judging by the menu, this place serves some pretty amazing veggie and vegan options, so we know where to bring our vegan/veggie friends next time.
This lovely little place is very popular and you may need to book in advance. We visited at the same time as a party of 12, which held up the kitchen a little, but the staff kept us well informed about progress and we didn't mind.
This is not particularly a cycling specific cafe, but cyclists really should think about visiting, although the walk in from the road through the parking area is all gravel if you're precious about your cleats.
It's not open every day, and the kitchen closes for meals before the coffee and cake service does. The other half had looked up all those kind of details, so they don't stick in my mind, but will no doubt be on the websites.
Well worth a visit.

1  Thank A Rob B
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I managed to find this gem online and thought we would give it a try.

Nestled away just off the main road. Blink and you'll miss it.

Never have I had such an amazing breakfast. The "Hot Hash" is possibly the best breakfast I have ever eaten, with the the most amazing ingredients.

Sadly we were just passing through but I will certainly be back to try more.

It's a must do breakfast destination.