“A Great Stop!”
Review of The Hub Cafe

The Hub Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Village Hub in Scarborough is home to both The Hub Cafe and Foragers Deli & Wholefoods Cafe and is perfectly located in a stuning seaside village close to Cape Point and Kalk Bay. The Hub Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from Tuesday to Saturday and until 5pm on Sundays. Bookings essential by phone only. We serve our lunch/dinner menu from 12pm straight through to last orders at 8.30pm - Our Foragers Deli & Wholefoods Cafe downstairs is open 7 days a week from 8am to 6pm for breakfast and lunch. The Deli has lots of fresh home-made goodies such as Chicken Lasagne or Veg & Chickpea Curry (plus more to grab and heat up), sauces, dips, pates, fresh veggies, dairy, roast free-range chickens, Quiches, cheese, free-range eggs....and tons more - perfect to grab as a picnic on your way to the beach. Our mission is to serve as a community resource and gathering place, while providing fresh, high-quality, affordable food to the diverse members of the deep south. We emphasize products from local, organic, and socially responsible sources, and work to build connections between our customers and their farmers.
Reviewed 8 March 2017

When in Scarborough you must stop here for a bite to eat or just a cup of coffee or a fabulous smootie. Bag a seat at a table on the deck and watch the world go by......

HubCafe1, Owner at The Hub Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

And what a "fabulouscouple" you were and so happy that you found us and enjoyed your time relaxing and watching the world go by (albeit at a fairly relaxed pace!)

Thanks so much!

Natasha and the Hub Cafe Team

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I arrived with a group of 5 to The Hub Cafe and we were told we can sit at the table that was booked for other people that were arriving an hour and a half later. We realized we have only around an hour or so before we have to head to another place so we decided to take the table, order two rounds of drinks and 5 meals.

Food is totally acceptable, we all enjoyed it, finished our meal and drinks half an hour before other guests were supposed to arrive, ordered the bill and waited.

Twenty minutes later, after still waiting to pay our bill we were literally chased away from the table, forced to the paying station and told that we have to pay 10% service fee.

Considering I was here with overseas clients, so the purpose of our visit was business, I tried to talk to the manager and explain I don't feel we were treated professionally. He literally told me his attitude is absolutely fine and I should go away.

In 15 years of traveling around the world, 3 different continents, many different countries I have never been so shocked!
Thumbs down for the attitude. I am not expecting a first class service from a place like this, but just a common decency when it comes to managing basic communication with customers.

If you happen to drive by, keep driving, Peninsula has much more to offer!

Hi Bisera

Many thanks for taking the time to review us and thanks for your positive comments on the food. Your feedback re the service have been duly noted.

Natasha, & The Hub Team

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We had the pizza and the beer battered fish. Wow. Both were spectacular. The flavours are rich and rewarding and add to this a lovely ambiance. This is definitely a spot to eat at. We will be back.

HubCafe1, Owner at The Hub Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

What a wonderful review, thank you so much!! Enjoy your travels and we look foward to welcoming you back.

Many thanks
Natasha & The Hub Cafe team

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Wanted to visit Scarborough SA as my home town is Scarborough UK. Small village, but found the Village Hub for lunch. Was not expecting much, but how pleasantly surprised we were. Two of the best Summer salads we have had, one calamari and one salmon followed by a beautifully presented panacotta in a biscuit base cup. Quality and presentation you would expect in a 5 star restaurant!
Pleasant staff and reasonable prices.

HubCafe1, Owner at The Hub Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hi Peter, Wow, thank you so much for such an awesome review, and my apologies that I didn't respond before now - somehow this wonderful review slipped by me!

I do hope that you enjoyed visiting Scarborough SA and hope you are having a lovely summer in Scarborough UK!!

Natasha & The Hub Team

Reviewed 3 March 2017

This is a nice breakfast spot. We had delicious eggs Benedict and scrambled eggs. Kids loved the eggs Benedict. Really yummy. Good fresh orange juice and coffee too.
Service was a bit slow but I don't think they had enough waiters.
Book ahead, they are very busy.
Will be back if I'm in the area.

HubCafe1, Owner at The Hub Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Hi Champagnia - We are delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast with us, and apologies if the service was a bit slow - No excuses! We do hope to see you again when you are next here.

Natasha and the Hub Cafe team