All reviews tudor room car park jubilee room walled garden fire station cotswold inns high street lovely hotel long street top floor beautiful room afternoon tea rain shower cream tea sunday lunch roll top bath amuse bouche
Reviewed 8 November 2015

A getaway break to celebrate a birthday.(same sex femail couple and they addressed a birthday card as Sir,mmmm an asumption.The situation of the hotel was perfect, Tetbury is a lovely small town. The hotel is perfect, our room (cant remeber the name) was up a spiral staircase and over looked the garden.EVERYTHING in the room was just perfect, the toiletries, bathrobes and slippers added to the special touch.The breakfast was first class. All staff we encountered were polite and professional. To be honest we stayed with the use of a voucher (The resturant will be reviewed seperately) at a cost of £179 for a night, for two inc breakfast and evening meal.If we were to return we would go with B&B and forget dinner.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CloseManager, General Manager at The Close Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2016

Dear jelly09,

Thank you for reviewing your experience.

I apologise if the assumption of the name on card caused offence, I assure you this was not intended.

I am delighted you found the hotel to be perfect and that you found the little extras in the room perfect too.

I have read your restaurant review and am disappointed you left feeling hungry. The award wining Dining Room offers a Fine Dining experience with extra touches throughout the meal such as canapes on arrival, an amuse bouche to start the meal and a pre-dessert. I appreciate your feedback and have passed this on to the kitchen team.
I do hope you choose to return and give dinner another try.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

I visited The Close this week to share afternoon tea with a friend. We were extremely pleased with the quality and quantity of the food on offer. The staff were very welcoming and the service was good. We had comfortable seats in a cosy corner of the lounge and enjoyed the warmth generated by a lovely log fire. Our conclusion, a lovely, relaxing way to spend an Autumn afternoon.
Well done to all at The Close.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Niagirl,

Thank you so much for reviewing your afternoon tea experience.
A good afternoon tea can be hard to create and I am pleased that the pastry chef's time and passion has been complimented in your review. The homemade treats are baked daily with pastry chef using his skills and flair to create tasty treats and traditional scones.
I am pleased the staff were welcoming and looked after you so well.
Perhaps if you visit us again for an afternoon tea, a Summers afternoon could be spent in the beautiful garden.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

We planned to visit Tetbury to see St Saviours Church. The Close Hotel was chosen based on tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable with a luxurious bed. Breakfast was served in a dining room overlooking the garden. Although a wet morning, there was a fire in the dining room and our breakfast was excellent. Overall a memorable visit for what was a special anniversary.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Susan M,

I am delighted you chose to spend your Anniversary at The Close Hotel and am glad that we lived up to your expectations.
I am pleased that you found the staff welcoming, friendly and helpful-I have passed the comments on to the hardworking team.
I am glad we made your stay a memorable one and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

My partner and I have just walked through the door from being away for the night at The Close Hotel on a Gourmet Food Lovers deal. It was superb! The service, food, our room the hotel decor - we loved it all. The 8 course tasting menu with wine was a great experience and I could hear others in the dining room discussing how great their experience had been. A lady in the bar asked for a G&T and the bar tender asked how she normally has it at home and they found her some grapefruit and a bay leaf - that's service. We will look to return and try the other hotels in the group! Thanks for a lovely stay.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gemma_l_lloyd
Reviewed 24 October 2015

A friend and I recently had afternoon tea at The Close Hotel and it was delicious.
The staff were friendly, helpful and polite and the tea itself was excellent, vegetarian sandwiches (crusts removed!), scones (plain and with sultanas) and a selection of petit patisserie including macarons, sublime!!!!
The interior of the hotel is delightful, elegantly furnished with the most enchanting walled garden, we loved it and will, most definitely, return again in the very near future.
Just to add the hotel is dog-friendly so welcoming your furry friend is an added bonus!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends