Stratton House Hotel(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$70
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$144
  • Restaurant
The New Inn Coln(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$121
Corinium Hotel & Restaurant(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$144
Bathurst Arms(North Cerney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$118
The Golden Cross Inn(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
  • Restaurant
The Barrel Store Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$76
Thames Head Inn(Cirencester)
US$26
Pitchup.com
Barnsley House(Barnsley)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$444
All reviewslovely hotelfresh milk in the fridgeroof terracenespresso machinefeature roompay and displaycar parkspa breakboutique hotelwet roomhuge bedrelaxation roomsuperior roomwalk in showersteam roomsunday morningmarket place
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were upgraded to an apartment, which would normally have been great, and it did enable us to do some washing in its washer dryer, which we certainly appreciated. There was a somewhat labyrinthine walk to get to the apartment, which was furnished in a modern, rather spartan style (walls painted that tea/grey sort of colour which can look good in a bright room, but which is a bit depressing when windows are small and look out onto a wall, and the apartment is on the gloomy side). I wondered if the apartment was recently commissioned, as little touches such as hooks on which to hang things in the bathroom were absent, and the picture kept breaking up on the tv channels we most wanted to watch, and twice we found ourselves without hot water just when we needed a shower - nothing like hot water problems just when you are hurrying to make a meal date, to cause disgruntlement. After the second time the staff were able to tell us what switch on the cylinder needed to be pushed to boost the hot water, but it certainly took more than the promised 5 minutes to boost the temperature to shower level. On the plus side the staff are great - friendly and responsive. Breakfast was good and service there excellent, in a non obsequiese way. The hotel isn’t cheap, and we wouldn’t recommend the apartments unless, perhaps, you have children and need the space. Don’t know what the rooms are like.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Tim S, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you marg155 for your review and for your lovely comments which will be shared with the team here at the hotel.

I am sorry to read that you were not keen on our apartments, they are reasonable new and I have forwarded your feedback on our Maintenance Team to look at and review.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful evening at the Kings Head in Cirencester. The cocktails and wine list are excellent. The food was exquisite and superbly presented. The staff were very helpful and really lovely. The quality of the refurbishment is literally AAA which makes this hotel truly first class. A must visit for anyone touring the Cotswolds!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you PercyBlakeney63 for your 5 star review, I am delighted your enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of the team here at the hotel and your feedback will be shared with them.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the Kings Head for three nights following a recommendation of a friend - we choose an apartment as travelled for the first time with our 3 month old child - the apartment was spacious and very clean so was the hotel and service - the breakfast was very tasty and lots of variety - unfortunate for such a high quality and classy hotel our room which needed to be at the right temperature for the baby involved opening the window and unlucky for us frequent smokers where based outside and the bin was collected every evening :( I wish in hindsight that we would have reported this earlier as we stayed for three nights - once highlighted it was promised to be addressed to see if it was an issue that can be resolved - we also unfortunate had a power cut which can happen but we were in the dark for over an hour - again not the end of the world but the noise from a near by alarm was as if there was an actual fire - and was keeping us awake a far few hours which most of the other guest had not to endure - so overall potentially a super ueber hotel - central and friendly staff - we would stay again but not in the apartments and would ask for a room that is far more protected from noise - have to report that the staff has dealt with our issue very attentive and friendly - hope we will return and it will be a sensational stay as we feel it could be and also should be at such price level :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie H

Thank you Marie H for you review and I am pleased to read that there were elements of your stay that were good.

I am sorry to read that you experienced issues with smokers outside of your room and please that the team at the hotel were able to resolve for you.

Please accept my apologies that we experienced a power cut during your stay, investigating the alarm noise I believe this was coming from a neighbouring business, likewise with the bins being emptied - being in the centre of a busy town can have it drawn backs for which I apologise.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I am not sure I have enough superlatives to convey how my h we enjoyed this hotel. Friendly, efficient staff who go the extra mile to make your stay special. Food was exquisite from the Chateaubriand sharing steak which was cooked to absolute perfection to the amazing breakfast that was delicious. Our room was beautifully decorated and the bed was enormous and oh so comfortable. I really can't recommend this place enough. Thank you to the staff who made our 20th anniversary just that bit more special.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Nisbet5050 for your 5 star review and we are delighted that you have such a 'Blissful Anniversary Treat'.

We are very proud of our team here at the hotel and your feedback will be shared with them.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Having been gifted vouchers for the hotel and looked at online reviews in advance we had an idea of what to expect and it pretty much read true. The room was lovely and clean and the spa experience very good value for money. On the more negative side, the check in could have been warmer, we were given little information upon check in (usual breakfast times etc were not outlined) and when we asked for any local restaurant recommendations we were met with a blank stare as though the question had never come up before. The breakfast at the hotel is fantastic but the evening meal experience slightly less so-we ate there on a Sunday evening. Upon being seated we asked for bread to come up first, instead it came up with the starters. Then one of the starter ingredients from the dish I ordered (as outlined on the menu) was missing from my plate, which I had to flag to the waiter. Having sent them back initially, out starters were brought up as soon as we finished the bread, then our main as soon as we finished starters, so it just felt very rushed. There was also a lot of noise/laughter coming from the kitchen staff thought the meal, which was a little
annoying and suggested that their concentration may have been lacking slightly! All in all an average hotel experience but breakfast and that spa were certainly the standout elements!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you hannah M for your review and i am delighted that there were elements of your stay your enjoyed.

I would like to offer my apologies for the service you received in our Restaurant and this has been discussed with our Restaurant Manager to address to ensure that it does not happen again.

I would like to thank you one again for leaving your review.