Reviews (1 014)
1 014 results
All reviews leisure facilities pool and gym steam room restaurant staff bus stop easy access business trip comfortable hotel short stay plenty of parking weekend break one night stay the ground floor double bed biscuits would stay again car parking
148 - 153 of 1 014 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was the second time that I have stayed here with a large group of friends from all parts of the country , for an annual reunion.The hotel,with its ample parking, is so well located for visiting Cheltenham and the surrounding countryside.
We arrived at midday and enjoyed lunch outside in the spacious paved garden areas.
Our rooms and ensuites were immaculate with comfy beds and quality bedlinen.
Large ,fluffy white towels are always a good sign!
We did not have time to use the hotel's swimming pool.
Dinner in the restaurant was very good. The menu catered for all tastes.We enjoyed excellent steaks, tasty curry with all the trimmings, and for those trying to preserve our waistline, sea bass with lemongrass and delicate spices on a bed of spinach. There were ample vegetarian options.
The buffet breakfast was superb with a wide variety of quality choices.
Highest praise must, however, go to all staff. They manage to be unobtrusive yet superfriendly and attentive to every need, turning a very pleasant and relaxing stay into something special.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Peter H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Carrasc0

Thank you for a fantastic review and it was our pleasure to welcome you back again. So pleased was great for you so you could enjoy lunch on the patio.
What a shame you didn't have time to use our leisure facilities, but im sure you had plenty to catch up on with your reunion.
So pleased you loved your meal with us in the restaurant and sounds like you had a good few of our favourites, but thank you most of all for the special mentions of our team who clearly looked after you.
We very much look forward to seeing you again for another reunion in the future

Reviewed 26 June 2018

A group of friends booked in to meet up and attend a wedding locally. We all booked the Cotswold Break, which was two nights B&B and dinner on the first night. £191 per room. Perfect for us, we wanted to dine together anyway on the first night and were attending the wedding on the second day. When we got to the hotel, the receptionist just said two nights with breakfast, I showed her the email that said we had dinner too on the first night and she gave us a token for up to £25 per person. We went to the room, very nice although lacking those little extras you expect in hotels, no shower cap, no complimentary biscuits, only two teabags etc. but that was fine, we overcame these problems. We met in the bar for drinks prior to dinner and moved to our table at 7pm. The waiter was very polite, but he explained that several things on the menu were not available, Sea Bass, new potatoes etc. so we chose from what was there. We had starters, I had Gnocchi which consisted of 4 marble sized dry balls and a large bowl of tomato sauce, no taste, not fresh. My husband ordered the Camembert, which was nice but came with only two small pieces of toast, we asked for more but they took so long the cheese had all dried up. Every one of our mains had a problem. My husband had a pizza which was overcooked and so dry he couldn't eat it, my chicken again was dry and cold , our friends had similar issues. We called the waiter and the supervisor apologised and offered us free desserts and coffee, however the meal was included in the package, but not wanting to spoil a special evening we accepted and put it down to experience. When we checked out on the Sunday though, instead of the meal being part of the package it was added on. I queried this, and although the money they charged came immediately out of the credit card, it is now two days later and still we haven't been reimbursed. It spoilt the whole experience of meeting up with old friends, we didn't want to make too much of an issue at the time, but feel very let down by Jurys. I have always recommended Jurys in the past, it used to be a little more upmarket from the other chains around, but they seem to have made so many cut backs that it is no longer the case. I am very disappointed and hope my experience is a one-off.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn

Dear Kathy F

Thank you for your review and our apologies we didn't get things quite right on this occasion. Please do contact me directly at the hotel as I am unable to find your reservation to allow me to investigate and follow up, which I am keen to do so I can check the package that was booked and also close any billing queries.
Peter Hednry
Peter_hendry@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night for a business meeting in the morning. This hotel is tired with uninterested staff.
Save your money and book a travel lodge or premier Inn.

I passed a number of staff in the morning including a housekeeping supervisor and not one bothered to say good morning.

Shower had mildew on the ceiling and hairs in the sink.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank My2cents-adviser
Peter H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear My2cents-adviser

Thank you for your review and how disappointed and sorry I am to read. Our team are often recognised as being friendly and helpful, so this feedback comes as a surprise.
I would be grateful if you contacted me directly so I can follow upon the bedroom specifics
peter_hendry@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as a group of 3 family members for one night whilst visiting Cheltenham. We had a triple room which was well appointed but there were a few bits which need looking at.

The curtains weren’t wide enough to fill the whole window properly so the sun came through one end very early. There was also something that looked like bird poo (I’m sure it wasn’t- hope not) on the area above the curtains. There was also some cracking/peeling paint around the skirting board.

The beds were firm but comfortable and the pillows very good. The room got VERY hot though and did make sleeping a bit uncomfortable. Some bottles of water in the room would also be a nice touch as not everyone wants to just drink tea/coffee.

The staff are very helpful although when ordering lunch on our arrival my dish was brought out missing several garnishes that are meant to go with it. Apparently the kitchen didn’t have any but this wasn’t mentioned when ordering.

Breakfast was very good, check in/out was swift and the reception team are friendly and very helpful.

The pool is heated to a good temperature but there was a terrible smell of drains in the changing room and the pool side really does need a thorough clean and some maintenance.

Would I return? Maybe, but for £170 a night I would have expected a bit more.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank PinkSparkle85
Peter H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear PinkSparkle85

Thank you for your review and feedback which I will certainly look into. Im glad you enjoyed the beds, our breakfast and found our team friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the pool.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Stayed for an extra night after a family wedding held nearby. Hotel was in a great place to get to the wedding venue almost across the road. Well appointed and very relaxing feel to the place. We enjoyed the swimming pool and the bar area and were not disturbed by a disco held in one of the rooms. Staff were all very friendly and we would recommend for a local get away

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear alison r

Thank you for a great review and I hope you enjoyed the wedding. Great news that you could stay on a little longer and relax with us in our leisure club. We hope to see you again soon