“Beautiful, characterful restaurant with excellent food”

The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 499 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Reviewed 28 June 2018

When visiting The Ivy in Cheltenham we had already visited the Birmingham Ivy which had impressed us.

Cheltenham however, although the menu is the same, was even better.

If you visit you must ask for a seat under the dome. We were originally seated in the window, which was very nice and much quieter than in the main restaurant, but the setting in the main restaurant under the dome is just fantastic, we wouldn't have wanted to go and not experience it. It was more noisy but worth it.

The food was the usual Ivy standard and we felt that what we paid was comparable with other restaurants which aren't such a nice experience.

If you order the cottage pie be sure to order a side of veg as the pie is all you get. Other than that all the food was fantastic.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Tasty food and great service. Joshua B looked after us and deserves credit, too good for a waiting job. Will go again!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Second time I have eaten here and it seems the shine has gone already.Early
pre-theatre dinner but virtually empty at 17.00 on Sunday afternoon, so why the emails and phone calls to re-confirm the booking? Pleasant waiter, though open sore on his had should have been covered with a plaster. Cold salad in a hot (not even dishwasher warm) bowl. Food okay but nothing to write home about. Had to wait an age for a second gin and tonic because the barman was busy making cocktails - couldn't somebody else pour a gin and tonic?

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Had a brilliant night, the staff very courteous and helpful. Our waiter, Dian, was fantastic all night. The food was amazing. My friend and I were talking about how the building was when we worked there, a lovely gent offered to show us what had been done. Beautiful job. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Although the service was good, choice of food very limited. I have been here twice and on both occasions felt as though my dinner was being rushed. this experience didn’t put me off however I tried to book a table for eight since and they didn’t want to know, so I won’t be going back.