“Lovely Cottage, lovely village, lovely restaurants”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lavender Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Perfect for al fresco refreshments
Entrance to Lavender Cottage
The River Windrush flows through the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water
The River Windrush in the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water
Bourton-on-the-Water
The village wildlife
Ooops! Only joking. You'll have to travel to Arizona USA for this view
Bourton on the Water celebrates Christmas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Spanish first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely Cottage, lovely village, lovely restaurants”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Since the moment we booked I had the feeling this was going to be a nice few days away. The cottage is tucked away from the main street, but its just a minute's walk to the green. The cottage is very clean and has great charm. Hilary ,the owner kindly left a host of provisions as well as two very nice books for my children. We stayed for 3 nights and travelled to see Broadway, Moreton-in-The-Marsh and Chipping Camden on the one day, however we really did not feel the need to go outside of Bourton on any other day. This was what I call " an old fashioned holiday". My kids are 10 and 13, but they loved the maze, the motor museum, the treasure hunt and the model village. We ate dinner at L'anatra and The Rose tree both of which were excellent! We had lunch at the Bakery on The Water sat next to the river which again was great. This cottage will now become a "getaway"for us a few weekends per year as long as we can book it!! Just one minor negative point, is that the village is very busy at weekends, especially with good weather and people can leave a mess on the green etc. after their picnics. It does get quieter in the evenings however. Give it a try you will not be disappointed by a pretty English village and a beautiful little cottage!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Aug 2016
Thanks for sharing your experience of the cottage and the village. I'm pleased that your children embraced the old-fashioned charm. I'm sorry that you experienced a litter problem during your visit. The council & the locals are usually very good at collecting rubbish that people leave behind. We'll look forward to welcoming you again.
Katrina L
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful stay...once again!”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This was my third stay at Lavender cottage, my Cotswolds home from home! The cottage was spotless and comfortable and everything we could have possibly wanted/ needed had already been thought of and provided. Alistair and Hilary are wonderful hosts.

Travelling group: Friends
27 Aug 2016
It was lovely to welcome you back. See you again soon!
ACPal
“Lovely peaceful break!”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Fantastic centrally located cottage- so peaceful, with everything one could possibly need for a short break.
Much appreciated and very helpful owners- we've already recommended this cottage to friends.
Many thanks for a wonderful holiday!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
27 Aug 2016
Thanks for taking the time to post this kind review. I'm happy that you enjoyed your R&R break here. Thanks, too, for sharing with your friends.
cm13sm
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage and great location”
Reviewed 1 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My wife and I and our two daughters (5 & 7) had a great time staying at this cottage, it is very well equipped with all the usual things plus loads of additions, dvds for kids, board games and there was a personalised gift left for each of my daughters on their beds, very thoughtful. Location is great, only 20 paces from the river, very central which meant my car didn't turn a wheel the first 4 days we were there. Overall a great holiday and a lovely cottage, would definitely recommend this.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
1 Aug 2016
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Lavender Cottage and that it's location gave you a rest from driving. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location of the cottages was ideal.
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
17 Jul 2016
Thank you for using your jet lag hours to post this review so soon after you arrived home. It was a pleasure to meet you & I know that you all enjoyed your time here. The Lego has proved a big hit with our young guests & it's wonderful to see young imaginations at work. I'm sorry that you had difficulty in finding the cottage on arrival. Once a booking is confirmed I email our guests with general information. I also include attachments - the village map, and an arrival sheet which includes photos for the location & entrance to the cottage. I urge guests to print or study these photos because the cottage is tucked away, which is part of it's charm. I understand that things can get forgotten or lost when you're on a busy trip, so I'm glad that one of our friendly neighbours was available to help.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing