“Outstanding cottage”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lavender Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Perfect for al fresco refreshments
Entrance to Lavender Cottage
The River Windrush flows through the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water
The River Windrush in the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water
Bourton-on-the-Water
The village wildlife
Ooops! Only joking. You'll have to travel to Arizona USA for this view
Bourton on the Water celebrates Christmas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dipeshpat...
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding cottage”
Reviewed 9 January 2015 for a stay in November 2014

Some friends and I stayed in this outstanding cottage over the weekend, which is very close to the centre of Bourton, for a wedding close by. Both Hilary and Alistair looked after us brilliantly by showing where the best spots were to eat but more importantly stocking the house with everything we needed! When I opened the fridge I had a wow moment! It is also well dressed, clean and reall comfortable. I cannot wait to go again and would happily recommend it to anyone. Thanks again Hilary and Alistair and hope you enjoyed your holiday! :D

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The service
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Jan 2015
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I was happy to book your wedding taxis for you & to get the food supplies that you asked for to cater for your late-night snacks after the wedding. I'm sure you also appreciated the Autumn sunshine that I arranged!
CristinaB...
bruxelles
“What a nice stay!”
Reviewed 4 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

My family and I spent here a week during the Christmas holidays. As many other visitors already mentioned, the cottage is a little gem! Right in the center if Bourton it has all the comfort you need while travelling. Hilary is a very nice lady and, as others already said, welcomes you with flowers on the table and all the items you need for your breakfast! We even found wine and a bottle of prosecco!! Since it was Christmas time, there was a cute Christmas tree in the corner of the living room.. These details really make the difference!

Your age range 35-49
9 Jan 2015
Thank you for posting this review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed seeing-in the New Year in this lovely part of England and happy to have introduced you to some traditional English board games.
Jane K
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“A stunning cottage in the heart of Bourton on the Water”
Reviewed 29 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Just returned from a beautiful stay at Lavender cottage over the Christmas period with my only regret being that I didn't stay for longer. The cottage itself was warm & inviting upon arrival, owners Hilary & Alister could not have been more hospitable, everything needed was there and more; chocolates, wine and even Christmas presents for my son and I under the Christmas tree! You couldn't of asked for more! The cottage was spotlessly clean with a gorgeous garden in a truly beautiful location in the heart of Bourton on the Water, which was just a short minute walk away from the centre of the village, including shops and local attractions.
My son and I would definitely stay at Lavender cottage again, being the idyllic tucked away cottage in a perfect setting.

Your age range 50-64
30 Dec 2014
I'm so pleased that you found Lavender Cottage perfect for your country Christmas. Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review. We'll look forward to welcoming you again.
boysj
Perth, Australia
“Absolutely gorgeous cottage in best cotswolds village”
Reviewed 26 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Our stay at Lavender cottage was wonderful. It's in a brilliant location, quiet street & walking distance to everything. Cottage is perfect, has loads of old world charm & character plus all the luxuries of today. When we arrived it looked beautiful as the Christmas tree was lit in the lounge room and the fireplace was on. Hillary had left us essentials in the fridge which were so appreciated. There are good quality beds, fresh linen, thick soft towels that made our stay so enjoyable. Hillary & Alister are ideal hosts, non-intrusive but available if needed. This was the most memorable accommodation on our 4 week holiday. We would highly recommend this cottage to anyone visiting the Cotwolds. After visiting quite a few other villages, we felt Bourton-on the-water was definitely the prettiest village and the best one for a base in the Cotwolds. Jane, Australia. December 2014

27 Dec 2014
I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay in Lavender Cottage, and all that the lovely village of Bourton-on-the-Water has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to post this review.
Becky H
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage in the perfect location.”
Reviewed 22 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Recently returned from a lovely 4 night stay at Lavender Cottage. What an excellent location! Less than a minutes walk to the water and the town center which is full of gift shops, tea rooms and restaurants to explore.
The cottage itself was characterful yet modern, very well presented and equipped with everything we could have needed. Lovely touches such as the Christmas decorations, blankets, fresh cut flowers and a chilled bottle of wine waiting for us really made Lavender cottage feel like a home away from home.
The perfect place to relax and unwind, our only regret is that we didn't book for longer! We can't wait to come back and stay again in the summer!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
22 Dec 2014
We'll look forward to seeing you again in the Summer. Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review. I'm glad that you enjoyed all that Bourton-on-the-Water has to offer.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing