“Really wonderful staff and excellent food”
Review of Raphael's

Raphael's
Ranked #488 of 4 471 Restaurants in Essex
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

11/10 staff service, really friendly and quick, with delicious food. Nice cocktails and a wide menu. Lovely view of the park if you sit outside, Would definitely return.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

First time here and the place looked lovely, bit expensive though. Still can’t believe mains & non alcoholic drinks for four and over £70.
Service fairly quick but still amazed at price.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I find this little restaurant whilst working on a job nearby and wow, what a find it was. A Meze bar with a difference. It's wide range of food available was staggering especially as it looked just like a small park café. When you enter, you're greeted by lovely staff and had a choice of during inside or out on their terrace. I decided to sit out as it was a lovely day. I was informed by the waitress that table service was only inside and that I had to order my food myself. No hassle! The food was brought to my table and was fantastic and well presented. The view of the pond and park is lovely and I'll certainly go back next time I'm in the area. 10 out of 10.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My local Meze restaurant is Veysos which we love but we decided to try Raphael's for a change.

We received a polite welcome and were offered a table inside or out. It was a warm evening so we sat outside with the view of the lake. Service was prompt and polite despite us expecting poor service as mentioned in some of the reviews. Draught beer was a bonus compared to the bottled beer at Veysos, the hot platter for two as a starter was more than enough. I had the mixed grill and my partner had garlic king prawns. Both dishes were gorgeous and tasty, prawns did come with the shells on though.

Would definitely go again, great food, great service and great location.

1  Thank Darren R
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I came here for lunch, good is fine.
But the communication not so fine.
If you are closing the kitchen and I ask you about the dessert and you answer "no problem, you can order after".
Then, I ask for the dessert menu and I order an Irish coffee, it is not acceptable that you tell me "we are closed". Then the waitress just told me we close on 7'.
Anyway, a lack of communication, twice, about something really basic.
Improve your service and communication with the customers. We will appreciate more.

RaphaelsRomford, Guest Relations Manager at Raphael's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hello Marica, we're very sorry to hear about your disappointment. However, after looking into your issue, I believe you were told by staff at the door and also when ordering that we do indeed close at 4.30. We did not want to rush you but you insisted at 4.20 to order as you said that you wouldn't be long although the restaurant was already empty. However, your feedback has been noted. Thank you