Lowest prices for your stay
US$118
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$118
eDreamsUS$118
TravelocityUS$118
All reviews sea view old town beds were comfortable car park fridge seafront
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2021 via mobile

Last minute booking here made a couple of hours before arrival £80 (excl breakfast) for a twin room on 3rd floor. Thought it reasonable price for a busy town. Room reasonable size, pushed twin beds together, tea and coffee provided, all ok. It was a hot room despite not being a hot night - a fan should be provided. En suite a good size but shower just a trickle. The toilet seat did not fit the toilet - completely wrong shape and unsafe as not fixed properly. Good location, nice walk into town - found a nice coffee shop for breakfast. Parking is expensive but it's a seaside town so it will be - had the hotel provided parking I'm guessing cost of room would have been alot more. Quite noisy at night, but again, it's a seaside hotel in a busy town! All in all ok for what we paid and had a good night out.

Room tip: Parking under road is £8 for 24hr
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Lansdowne Bed and Breakfast and were very disappointed at the tired looking property. This was advertised on Booking.com showing bright newly refurbished room. The cost for one night's stay was middle of the road breakfast not included. The room was tiny, the bed was extremely uncomfortable so much so unable to sleep past 5.00 am. Not only uncomfortable but noisy and very creaky. The curtains barely covered the dirty, rusty balcony door and the lighting extremely poor in bathroom and bedroom, the corridor areas were in need of some serious TLC looking dirty and worn. Would definitely not return.

Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed here July 2021 for a short 3 night break. Great location with a lovely sea view. Car park directly opposite the hotel underground charged at £8 per 24 hours. Our room was pleasant enough, albeit a fairly uninspiring grey and white but it served the purpose of a short break. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided though I feel more tea and milk would be nice. Not a lot of storage or hanging space but for 3 nights was adequate enough for us. Bathroom was adequate, a lovely shower though drainage not great. Our room had french doors onto a balcony which was a lovely surprise though the doors do need replacing as they didn't shut properly or lock which was more evident one night when all I could hear was the wind howling.

We can't comment on the breakfast as we booked room only.

Reviewed 4 July 2021

This guest house is in a fabulous position on the sea front and the manager, Leigh, was very smartly dressed, helpful and professional. It was as clean as accommodation could be that is desperate need of a complete renovation.

The first room I was given was a Room 2 (a double) on the ground floor. £81.50 a night with no breakfast. It looked out onto the street with a row of industrial dustbins which served the local hotels and eateries. The shower room was so narrow that the toilet was at 45 degrees enabling me to squeeze passed to have a look at the shower which was a shock. I turned round and said that I couldn't stay in room 2 and it should not be offered to guests.

The room I was given was room 21. Third floor with a sea view. Single bed and the shower room was much better but when seated on the toilet my knees were under the basin. Shower was hot and fine. The bed was adequate but the carpet was very old. The linen was clean but the cushion on the bed smelt very stale. The window was broken and would not close properly so kept awake from traffic and seagulls. This room was £60 per night.

The lift did work but was only big enough for one person and very slow. I don't usually worry about lifts but I was apprehensive in this one. I then used the stairs. The whole place needs a complete refurbishment not just a lick of paint and new carpet.

There is no parking. On road parking which is metered during the day and an underground CP very close by which is expensive too.

I stayed for one night instead of two and was relieved to get out. I was refunded the difference with no quibble.

Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

We are staying here as I type and it’s highly disappointing. We paid quite a bit more for the room compared to other available hotels next door because it looked so lovely on the website. We thought it would be a treat. We arrived to find a battered, dirty seaside hotel. Absolutely basic but great location. It’s definitely no better than other properties on the seafront that charge much less but are more honest with their photography and descriptions. The breakfast was greasy and the dining room was like a smelly school canteen. Only book if you get a good deal and you don’t expect to see much of your room anyway.
PS: Dodgy brown stains on bed linen too.