Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$113
PricelineUS$113
eDreamsUS$113
TravelocityUS$113
TripadvisorUS$113
FindHotel
All reviews sea view old town beds were comfortable car park fridge seafront
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Lansdowne Bed and Breakfast and were very disappointed at the tired looking property. This was advertised on Booking.com showing bright newly refurbished room. The cost for one night's stay was middle of the road breakfast not included. The room was tiny, the bed was extremely uncomfortable so much so unable to sleep past 5.00 am. Not only uncomfortable but noisy and very creaky. The curtains barely covered the dirty, rusty balcony door and the lighting extremely poor in bathroom and bedroom, the corridor areas were in need of some serious TLC looking dirty and worn. Would definitely not return.

Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed here July 2021 for a short 3 night break. Great location with a lovely sea view. Car park directly opposite the hotel underground charged at £8 per 24 hours. Our room was pleasant enough, albeit a fairly uninspiring grey and white but it served the purpose of a short break. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided though I feel more tea and milk would be nice. Not a lot of storage or hanging space but for 3 nights was adequate enough for us. Bathroom was adequate, a lovely shower though drainage not great. Our room had french doors onto a balcony which was a lovely surprise though the doors do need replacing as they didn't shut properly or lock which was more evident one night when all I could hear was the wind howling.

We can't comment on the breakfast as we booked room only.

Reviewed 4 July 2021

This guest house is in a fabulous position on the sea front and the manager, Leigh, was very smartly dressed, helpful and professional. It was as clean as accommodation could be that is desperate need of a complete renovation.

The first room I was given was a Room 2 (a double) on the ground floor. £81.50 a night with no breakfast. It looked out onto the street with a row of industrial dustbins which served the local hotels and eateries. The shower room was so narrow that the toilet was at 45 degrees enabling me to squeeze passed to have a look at the shower which was a shock. I turned round and said that I couldn't stay in room 2 and it should not be offered to guests.

The room I was given was room 21. Third floor with a sea view. Single bed and the shower room was much better but when seated on the toilet my knees were under the basin. Shower was hot and fine. The bed was adequate but the carpet was very old. The linen was clean but the cushion on the bed smelt very stale. The window was broken and would not close properly so kept awake from traffic and seagulls. This room was £60 per night.

The lift did work but was only big enough for one person and very slow. I don't usually worry about lifts but I was apprehensive in this one. I then used the stairs. The whole place needs a complete refurbishment not just a lick of paint and new carpet.

There is no parking. On road parking which is metered during the day and an underground CP very close by which is expensive too.

I stayed for one night instead of two and was relieved to get out. I was refunded the difference with no quibble.

Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

We are staying here as I type and it’s highly disappointing. We paid quite a bit more for the room compared to other available hotels next door because it looked so lovely on the website. We thought it would be a treat. We arrived to find a battered, dirty seaside hotel. Absolutely basic but great location. It’s definitely no better than other properties on the seafront that charge much less but are more honest with their photography and descriptions. The breakfast was greasy and the dining room was like a smelly school canteen. Only book if you get a good deal and you don’t expect to see much of your room anyway.
PS: Dodgy brown stains on bed linen too.

Reviewed 2 July 2021

Ideal location right on the front, easy to find. Underground secure parking opposite hotel very handy and only £8.00 per day. Found staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is very old and certain areas are in need of attention. On the whole the common areas and our room was very clean and tidy. Room was of a good size, well decorated with comfy bed so we slept well. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice, well cooked and inexpensive. We would certainly return for a short break to this hotel if we were in the area again.

Room tip: Best views from front of Hotel. You need to be fit to cope with the stairs!