Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$107
PricelineUS$107
Agoda.comUS$107
TripadvisorUS$107
Hotels.com
All reviews sea view old town beds were comfortable car park fridge seafront
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2020

This is a very difficult review to write. I need to point out that this was after the holiday season and my explain what I witnessed. Let me make it clear I had a good time, but don’t believe I received a 4 star service. I was looking forward to having a good sea view. What I got was a view over the bins and a noisy area. The single bed was a good size, but my feet sticking out. Now let’s look at the problems of the room. The back window wouldn’t shut properly. I could only get cold water out of the taps. The toilet was noisy and dripped for some time. The floor appeared very uneven. I tested it by placing a glass on the floor. It rolled at a great speed, this is disturbing. The room was never cleaned during my time there and the bed was left as it was.

Most of the building needs an upgrade. Some of the walls need painting.

I was on the 3rd floor, I chose to walk up the stairs rather than use the lift. The stairs near the top are very narrow and the lights were slow to come on. One of the banisters felt loose.

Now on to the staff. I work in the customer care industry and know a bit about it. The customer care was abysmal. Reception not manned most of the time. When I met staff they didn’t seem to care. The one exception was the colored gentleman. He was excellent, cheerful, friendly and helpful.

To some up, the place needs total overhaul. I don’t know how it is 4 starred rated at the moment. Hopefully during the winter the place will be renovated.

To finish on a high note, I had a good stay and had a good nights sleep which was the main thing.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Z3120GKmartinl
Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed in the middle of August. First impression mean a lot, the hotel looks lovely from outside, it was being repainted. We walked into the reception wearing our masks, the staff were not and were moving around the hotel. Our room looked clean as we walked in but found wrappers down the side of the bed, that didn’t bother me that much. I went to freshen up in the bathroom, the sink wasn’t draining so took the plug out to find it covered in black mould. I then noticed mould at the bottom of the shower. The light cord was also filthy. I don’t expect to have to clean while I’m away on a mini break. Luckily I had antibacterial wipes with me because of COVID-19. In the current climate with the COVID-19 and the hotel not long reopening, I expected to find the hotel spotless. I have never left a bad review before but feel I need to warn people that this hotel isn’t being cleaned probably. The staff were not that welcoming either.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2020 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday to stay for the week.our room was ready when we got there.the room has a sea a sea view and is on the 3rd floor.
The room is very clean and a good size.the bed is very comfortable and everything you need.there is a fridge and coffee making facilities.
The bathroom is a good size .the shower is tricky to get just right.
The lift is very small and claustrophobic.you can only get 1 person in.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

Nice small hotel on the seafront in Hastings, very close to the Pier and everything that you need.

The room was clean, note that there is no working lift. The bathroom was modern, there is a desk tea coffee facilities etc. Buses stop nearby including to Eastbourne and Rye. Parking is nearby and the beach is across the, street. The train station is 10 to 15 minutes away.

Staff were friendly and responsive. Beds were comfortable but the rooms at back are noisy on weekend nights with the window open.

I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2020 via mobile

Fab location, stylish clean hotel. Had small room on 3rd floor with amazingly comfy bed and pillows but quite a climb with heavy bags up narrow staircases. Wish I'd read previous reviews about the lift... Good value room though, great location and easy parking.

Trip type: Travelled solo