“What a little gem!”

Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bill's Brighton restaurant opened in 2005, following the success of Lewes Bill's. Formerly a bus depot, it has a reputation as the place to go for weekend breakfasts, informal business meetings, and after work drinks and dinner.
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We visited Bill's for the first time last week and what a wonderful time we had. We were greeted enthusiastically as soon as we entered which was lovely. All the staff were excellent but we had a lot of fun with Annette (Annetta?) who was superb. The food was amazing. Between us we had mushroom soup, pate, fish pie, steak and chicken burger; all of it was stunning. It was that good we are going back tonight, a few days after going the first time!! Highly recommended.

BillsRestaurant, Sam at Bill's Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hi Emma,
So glad you have finally discovered us and that you are coming back again so soon. We will make sure Annette reads this, she will be so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much. On your third visit let me treat you to a couple of our delicious desserts on us. Just drop me a note at hello@bills-email.co.uk so I can arrange this for you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 480)

14 - 18 of 1 480 reviews

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Very rubbery and dry pancakes that seemed like they were cooked hours before and microwaved or reheated. A real shame as the ambience is very nice.

Hi Will,
Sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your pancakes when you visited. Please do contact us at hello@bills-email.co.uk so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I went down to Brighton in the summer to meet up with our amazing friends and we ended up here for my birthday brunch. Like other reviewers comments, the place was busy but it was buzzing! Such a great atmosphere throughout the whole place. We had a good bit of banter with the team and the GM, Jen who is the smiliest and most welcoming GM I’ve ever come across. It was a pleasure to see her happy vibes bounce off onto her team. And the food was incredible. I had the smashed avocado on toast but honestly everyone’s dish looked fab. Cheers for having us and we’ll be back on our next visit to Brighton!

Julie & Alex xx

Hi Julie and Alex,
This is such a great review. The team will all love reading this, so thanks so much. Please do come and see us all again soon. When you are thinking of coming in drop me a note at hello@bills-email.co.uk and I will treat you to a couple of starters on me. Try the halloumi sticks - they are delicious.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

First visit, never even heard of the place before visiting Brighton.We popped in for brunch on a midweek morning, and i could not believe how busy the place was, truly buzzing.
I was thinking to myself, if it's this busy already they must be doing something right.
Five of us had an assortment of meals, from a full English to pancakes, and various drinks in between.I think i can speak on behalf of everyone, to say it was very enjoyable.
Food choices were good, and staff very good and attentive.
Would have no hesitation on a re-visit next time i'm in Brighton.

Hi,
So happy you have finally stumbled across us! We don’t just serve breakfast but lunch and dinner too. Next time come back and have some dinner and I will put a bottle of wine on the table for you. Just drop me a note at hello@bills-email.co.uk so we can arrange this for you.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Visited this today on the Sunday after Pride. Very welcoming atmosphere and staff..
We had two Breakfast meals which were beautifully cooked. When I next visit Brighton I wouldn’t hesitate to visit again.

Hi there!
Thanks so much for coming to see us and spreading the word about our amazing breakfast. Come back again soon so we can treat you to a couple of our delicious juices on us. Just drop us a note at hello@bills-email.co.uk so I can take care of this for you.