“Great puzza”

Fatto a Mano Brighton
Ranked #98 of 1 224 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Description: We are a neighbourhood pizzeria in the heart of Brighton. Most of our tables are for walk-ins. For groups of 6+ we take reservations in the restaurant. Please call 01273 600621. Our philosophy is inspired by Naples, the birthplace of pizza. Soft and pillowy, rather than thin and crispy or a pizza pie. Our pizza dough is made on site every day, proved for a minimum of 24 hours, then topped by our pizzaiolo who cook every pizza in our wood fired oven at 450+ degrees. The proving means we're able to use minimal quantities of yeast in our dough, so our pizzas are light and easily digestible. Fatto a Mano literally means "made by hand" in Italian. So we serve fresh food, from a simple menu, at great prices. We look forward to welcoming you to Fatto a Mano Brighton. Buon appetito!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Was out on a walk and saw that it was busy here with people eating in as well as others taking away. I decided to stop on in and sample the pizza. It was made directly in front of me, it was good to watch the dough being prepared freshly in front of me. The dough is light and fluffy but at the same time filling. I would recommend the garlic pizza bread followed by the calzone. Both were delicious!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Perfect italian napoli style pizza super gooddd. Good quality toppings and nice staff. I go there often cause i love it .

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I’m Italian and I know how pizza is meant to taste, and the food at Fatto a Mano is authentic. Some lovely wines too (Sardinian Vermentino in particular) and compared to many family friendly restaurants the bill is always very reasonable (kids eat free and are very welcome). Have been around ten times and is always very consistent. An absolute gem.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

A small restaurant but you will have no problems if you book. Although there is a select menu, the staff are always willing to customise pizzas for you. In terms of the food, the attention to detail is what separates them from franco manca and other pizza restaurants and the price is even better. I've been there with family members and never had a bad experience! Lovely food, drink, atmosphere and even better value for money!!
I have also taken food away from here after phoning in and the pizza is just as good as when you eat in!

1  Thank DayTripper1997
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I'd been looking forward to visiting Fatto since missing out while visiting Brighton last year. We walked from our central hotel and stumbled across loads of cool places we'd not seen before. So the location is strangely perfect for tourists.

They take great pride in their product. You can tell just by how they spin the 24hr dough on the paddle, and lift it to the hotter layers to make sure it cooks evenly. And the inspection of every plate before fresh basil is applied. They were very happy to be there, which makes people happy to eat there.

OK so I've had better pizzas, but these were still bloody good. Well worth seeking out. And they make an excellent Aperol Spritz! Can't wait to go back.