“Terrible all round experience - do not reccommend”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have regularly stayed at the wonderful Pelirocco across the square and had stayed at Una a couple of times in the past. But this time I stayed it was frankly a most bizarre turn of events. I booked a suite in March 17 for September and had the paper work but when I arrived But was told there was not room for me - I was then told after 10 mins debate that a small back room could be found for me. I was booked for three nights so asked the following morning and was told that I needed to leave the hotel....I left my mobile in case a room became available before I got a train home. When I returned to get my bag at 20.45 I was told there was another small room available after all .....not sure why they did not text me earlier and was altogether too late to change my travel plans again. It seemed this hotel prioritised a block booking and bounced my booking of a suite which had been made many months in advance.....most odd and something feels distinctly wrong here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
8  Thank Christina075
Reviews (1 003)

3 - 7 of 1 003 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend booked the Belize room as a surprise for a night away. We had called in advance to see if we could check in early which they so friendly agreed upon. Staff were incredibly friendly and explained how we could order breakfast to our room (big win). The jacuzzi and sauna were a great perk to the room, well worth the money!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Charlotte B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a two night stay with our 8 week old son. The staff were all so friendly & welcoming from checking in til leaving. They were happy to help with lots of requests we had as first stay away with a young baby from freezing breast milk to storing pram downstairs (there were a few steps up to our room Wista). They brought it out at breakfast so we could put him down. The suite was lovely with plenty of space for a cot also provided by the hotel. Lots of little touches such as DVD selection (provided some entertainment for nights in), coffee & tea in room. Breakfasts were delicious with plenty of choice, my husband loved the freshly squeezed orange juice. Although expensive well worth it & so much better than other larger hotels we've previously stayed at in Brighton. We will definitely be visiting again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah64123
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed a Friday and Saturday night in the Aragon room. We rarely get away so were really excited, the room initially was lovely with rose petals and champagne and chocolates in the room (paid extra for)
We explored and found the previous guests socks behind a door, we didn't initially say anything and went to explore Brighton.
On our return I went to use the toilet and on lifting the lid was appalled but what was left, I complained straight away. Reception staff were very nice and got the area cleaned but no manager was available.
This ruined our night stay as it was very expensive. The next day the manager offered to refund the day which was great but unfortunately the damage had already been done. We left the hotel with the champagne in our suitcase for another day...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited the hotel on business. The location is a stones throw away from the sea front and 5 minutes walk from the pier and The Lanes. There is no parking, but there is an underground car par in the middle of the square. It is very safe and cost £24.50 for just over a day and a half. The hotel room I stayed in 'G' was lovely. When the member of staff opened the door and I walked in I just said 'Whow!' At the same time I heard my colleague say exactly the same as they entered their room. There was loads of space, clean, unique rooms, large TV plus DVD player, tea/coffee facilities, plus expresso coffee machine, small stairs to seating area. Lovely room. The food was excellent. The breakfast was fantastic quality. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful. This was a business meeting, but I am actually thinking of returning to the hotel on a personal visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business