“Amazing afternoon abseiling”
Review of Hatt Adventures

Hatt Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Outdoor sports company based in Brighton, England. Offering a variety of adventurous activities including rock climbing, abseiling, kayaking mountaineering and more. We cater for individual, family and group bookings including stag and hen and corporate/team building activities.
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We booked in for this 2 hour abseiling course as we are planning a charity abseil in 6 weeks and decided a bit of practice might be good. The staff were friendly and very knowledgeable . We felt safe in their hands. Fortunately we took to it like ducks to water and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff were very good at talking through, and helping the more nervous clients. I would recommend this course just as a fun day out, or if you are preparing for a charity abseil.

Tom H, Owner at Hatt Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Many thanks for your review Barbara, good to hear you enjoyed it and I hope your charity abseils goes well.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"encouragement"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This was a fun day out. We were a group of seven - beginners and with some experience, unfit and fit. We all had a great time - with Kyle and Kevin coaching and shepherding us. The weather was cloudy - but it was still beautiful and serene.Kyle encouraged us to do silly stuff which was great for confidence. True a couple of us took a dunking - but that's what happens if your stick your paddle up in a tree while the kayak keeps on moving. Or try to climb on the back of someone elses kayak. All such silliness was entirely optional. I really recommend this trip - you need be neither young nor fit to have fun. You will however get at least a bit wet and possibly muddy at this time of year. Go for it.

Tom H, Owner at Hatt Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Sara, thank you for your review! It was fantastic having your group on the trip. Well done for braving it, even after taking an unscheduled swim. Kyle and Kevin have asked me to pass on their hellos. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Had a brilliant day of climbing and abseiling in Kent, led by Kevin, Lou and Steve. Found that I surprised myself with the climbs I was able to achieve - the training and encouragement received from all 3 instructors was great. Massive thanks.

Would definitely recommend — can't wait to go again!

1  Thank Will Q
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I had my first ever attempt at abseiling yesterday with Kevin and Steve and it was fantastic to put it mildly!! They were extremely patient; allowed us to take our time; were good at giving clear instructions to the ridiculously nervous; and very encouraging.
I am an insulin-dependent diabetic and had no problems going up and down the 10m tower four times in about an hour.
I totally want to do this again and feel I'm getting over my fear of heights sufficiently to have a go at climbing... Thanks again!! Axx

1  Thank aharrison1723
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This was our first ever Charity Abseil that we've organised and thanks to Hatt Adventures it was a huge success!

We had a number of supporters that were scared of heights and were terrified to abseil 115ft down Peacehaven Cliffs, but with Hatt Adventures help they conquered their fears, successfully completed the abseil and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Hatt helped us raise over £6,000 for our charity and made our World Animal Day celebrations very memorable.

From a charity organisers point of view, they gave very clear instructions and it was an easy event to organise. I would be happy to use them again for a future charity event!

1  Thank Julie R