Review Highlights
Safe but exhilarating learning experience

I did the Abseil Experience. In a two hour period a small group take turns to have the experience... read more

Reviewed 24 September 2018
Mary C
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
BCU1 star course

Excellent course facilitated by Andy. I could not fault the day, I learned more than I expected and... read more

Reviewed 17 September 2018
mrmarekcb
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Brighton
from US$45,85
from US$20,96
from US$13,10
from US$16,37
More Info
All reviews rock climbing these guys climbing experience beautiful river clear instructions fear of heights stopham bridge lead climbing kayak trip feel confident east sussex small group birthday present stag do the pub two hours a lot of fun
Reviewed 26 March 2018

This was a fun day out. We were a group of seven - beginners and with some experience, unfit and fit. We all had a great time - with Kyle and Kevin coaching and shepherding us. The weather was cloudy - but it was still beautiful and serene.Kyle encouraged us to do silly stuff which was great for confidence. True a couple of us took a dunking - but that's what happens if your stick your paddle up in a tree while the kayak keeps on moving. Or try to climb on the back of someone elses kayak. All such silliness was entirely optional. I really recommend this trip - you need be neither young nor fit to have fun. You will however get at least a bit wet and possibly muddy at this time of year. Go for it.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank PanBei
Tom H, Owner at Hatt Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Sara, thank you for your review! It was fantastic having your group on the trip. Well done for braving it, even after taking an unscheduled swim. Kyle and Kevin have asked me to pass on their hellos. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Had a brilliant day of climbing and abseiling in Kent, led by Kevin, Lou and Steve. Found that I surprised myself with the climbs I was able to achieve - the training and encouragement received from all 3 instructors was great. Massive thanks.

Would definitely recommend — can't wait to go again!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Will Q
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I had my first ever attempt at abseiling yesterday with Kevin and Steve and it was fantastic to put it mildly!! They were extremely patient; allowed us to take our time; were good at giving clear instructions to the ridiculously nervous; and very encouraging.
I am an insulin-dependent diabetic and had no problems going up and down the 10m tower four times in about an hour.
I totally want to do this again and feel I'm getting over my fear of heights sufficiently to have a go at climbing... Thanks again!! Axx

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank aharrison1723
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This was our first ever Charity Abseil that we've organised and thanks to Hatt Adventures it was a huge success!

We had a number of supporters that were scared of heights and were terrified to abseil 115ft down Peacehaven Cliffs, but with Hatt Adventures help they conquered their fears, successfully completed the abseil and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Hatt helped us raise over £6,000 for our charity and made our World Animal Day celebrations very memorable.

From a charity organisers point of view, they gave very clear instructions and it was an easy event to organise. I would be happy to use them again for a future charity event!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I bought the climbing experience as a gift for my boyfriend (with me as a plus one) and we both had a fantastic half a day climbing. It was our first time rock climbing and although nervous, Kyle and James were great instructors. Would definitely recommend to anyone, especially if they are looking to do something a bit different!

Beware, you will ache the next day - but it was worth it!

Date of experience: September 2017