“Uncomfortable feeling”
Review of Molly Malones

Molly Malones
Ranked #24 of 129 Nightlife in Brighton
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Had to show ID to get in ( I'm 65) refused to get two drinks as colleague had gone to the toilet on arrival. Had to wait until he returned! What's that about? Could I binge drink on one pint of lager and one Guinness? Security walking about in a very crowded bar.

All reviews
"boozer"
"shame"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Visited from the campsite. Was there until it closed at 4am fantastic singer all night..Sussex 2020 team were out celebrating surely that's a ringing endorsement. I can't fault this place great drink, great atmosphere and good natured clientele!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Bands on til 4am, love this pub. Great laugh , full of happy drinks. Jaga bombs were interesting , got chatted up twice.

Great atmosphere.

I had a lot of cider

1  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Popped in with my wife and friends visiting us from Norway.
Sat and had a drink listening to the live music duo playing.
My Norwegian friend tried to order our second drink and was told he'd had too much. He's had maybe 3 or 4 drinks all day but that was met with "we can give him water"
As an ex bar owner/ operator myself I was honestly amazed at the attitude.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I love an Irish bar as much as anybody else. The atmosphere, music and banter is always a winner and you're always guaranteed a good night out. Sadly this bar really missed out when they handed out good old Irish hospitality!

I've never encountered such rude and miserable bar staff in all my life; thankfully it didn't seem to be just myself that they were rude to, otherwise I really would have taken it to heart.

Customer service at its worst!