“Nice Pub and Good Food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited in March with all the family on a Sunday for lunch. The pub was clean and tidy and we found a table at the back of the pub for 5 of us.

We ordered Pie & Mash, Fish & Chips, Hunters Chicken and. Cheese and Bacon Burger. The food was served quickly and the bar staff were helpful.

The pie and mash was really good, the pie was a decent size and the view that came with it was also good and not over cooked. The only fault I could have is the mash was a little dry.

The best value meals were my daughter's and partners who had the Hunters Chicken; the meal cam with chips salad, onion rings and slaw. The only downside to the meal was the size of the chicken which was slightly small but it all tasted good.

The fish and chips was also a good size portion and the cheese and bacon burger was good as well.

The bill including drinks came to approx £70.00 which for 5 I don't think was bad value.

Will happily return here again for food.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I dropped in here with friends for lunch. It was very friendly with a welcoming atmosphere. I had a small steak with chips and peas which was very nice. My friends were pleased with their choices too. The place is nice and clean and we would go back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Came here with family for lunch and while the menu is well priced and has a lot going on, the drinks menu was fairly basic and I expected a bit more.

The food itself was very nice but the restaurant loses points for charging for bread (which I had to ask for after everything came out as they forgot). Couldn’t complain on the service, but it was a slow day so it helped being the only ones around!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 2 January 2018

The barman took my new portable phone charger behind the bar to recharge. I left forgetting to take it with me. The next day when I visit to collect it his colleague recalls the staff member and my visit but denies they hold my device. Yesterday I talk to the manager who denies all knowledge of any of it. Dismissive attitude and disrespectful staff throughout. Ian from Blackpool - do the right thing mate, don't be a silly billy. Shame as I used to drink in there all the time as a young man and had no issue with trust or respect before. Times change clearly.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We visited here for a few pre gig pints. It was okay.. The beer was fairly priced. We had a very cocky and enthusiastic barman, whom may people might call weird, but he was harmless enough.

Wouldn't visit again in a hurry.

Date of visit: December 2017
Denis K, Manager at Druid's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent visit. I would also like to apologise that you were made to feel that way. It is only trough feedback such as yours that we are able to increase quality of the service that we provide to our valued quests. Hope to see you back soon.