Reviews (1 594)
1 595 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel wedding party sunday night sea front mini bar room rate eggs benedict following morning hotel bar lovely room
9 - 14 of 1 595 reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Dewi and the events guys at hotel du Vin gave us our perfect wedding. They were efficient, caring and happy to cater for everything we asked for! Couldn't recommend them enough for those looking for a wedding venue!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RyanB5820, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear Grace,

I was thrilled you and you enjoyed your recent sojourn and thank you for choosing Hotel du Vin to celebrate such a special day. The entire team are delighted you took away such fond memories of your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on many more occasions.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 23 October 2018

You can easily skip pass this gem of a boutique hotel situated on Ship Street as it's slightly tucked up from the pavement, the first thing you notice is a courtyard through an arch which is misleading that it's a hotel. But take a sharp look to the right the entrance is there taking into a friendly receptionist and a warm welcome. A lovely lounge bar, great restaurant and extremely interesting rooms which are a little different from the norm, I.e. room names rather than numbers! Bar food fantastic and restaurant menu geared more to French cuisine and a few other commercial meat dishes like steak and burgers and a limited veg option. All good brought to you by wonderful serving staff always ready to help tweak your chosen dish. Favourite wine Shiraz from the bar yum. Thank you Du Vin once again for a lovely stay.

Room tip: Has ground floor rooms if problem with stairs
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PinkToursLasVegas

Dear PinkToursLasVegas,

I was delighted you enjoyed your recent stay at Hotel du Vin and have shared your kind comments with everyone who helped make it so memorable and who look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin on many more occasions.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I stayed on business in this hotel. There was only one member of staff booking people in when I arrived and a coach party was before me. It took 30 minutes just to check in. They have not car parking and surrounded ones are far.
My room was very disappointing. It was cold and just didn't seem clean. I then tried to warm the room up but the heating/aircon wasn't working and a spanner icon was showing in the LCD display.The window surround was hanging off in places exposing bare concrete and plaster. I haven't had a sea view from this "Seafront" hotel's room but it was hard to see it due to the dirt on the exterior glass.
There was paint on the carpet which appears to have been caused when the skirting boards were painted. Not only was there paint on the carpet but there was fluff and fibres from the carpet on the skirting board. Whoever had painted it had left the skirting board in a real mess.

I raised the issues regarding the room with the staff and an arrogant Deputy Manager on check out and there was an apology but no reduction in the bill or adjustment . I hadn't time to debate this as I needed to be elsewhere but I would have expected a better response to the issues raised.

Overall my stay at this hotel was very disappointing. The room, its decoration, fixtures and fittings are clearly in need of urgent remedial work. Due to its prime location on Brighton seafront and the room charges levied this hotel should be maintained to the highest standards, it isn't and I did not consider it value for money. I would not stay there again without some assurances that standards had improved

Room tip: Not at Hotel du Vin
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank earlscourthenry
RyanB5820, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear earlscourthenry,

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Good points
Good position, great staff, nice bar and restaurant but. Our first room had a bedside cabinet missing, light in wardrobe that would not go off. They moved us to suite the next night, very nice but, the milk was in date but off, the shower didn’t drain. The first breakfast I had brown toast, 8 the next morning, no brown bread !! Guys at these prices you must do better

1  Thank KellyS4523
RyanB5820, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear KellyS4523,

Whilst I was pleased to learn you enjoyed many aspects of your recent stay, I was most concerned to read your comments regarding the standard of your accommodation for which please accept my most sincere apologies. We are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programme to ensure all our rooms are of the highest standard; please accept my most sincere apologies that your accommodation was not of the standard to which you are accustomed and that we were unable to take appropriate measure to recover this shortfall during the course of your recent sojourn.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

A couple of days down at the coast mid week. Treated myself to a junior suite. Big room, massive bed and a decent sized bath for two. Nice but overlooking the street rather than the sea so very noisy late at night.
I’ve stayed here many times over the years and I think it’s one of, if not the best in Brighton.
Staff are still really pleasant and helpful, decent restaurant and great choice of wines.
I think they need to refresh some of the rooms and common parts
I’ll still come back, as had a great time as always

Dear ErictheRed56,

We are very proud of our staff here at the hotel and are very happy to hear you are a fan on our wine list.