Reviews (2 599)
2 600 results
All reviews tower suite sea view swimming pool lanes car park family suite sea front buffet style huge room brighton pier lovely hotel fourth floor breakfast was included jacuzzi bath short break one night stay a lovely stay tea and coffee
92 - 97 of 2 600 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

- Stayed in a double sea-view room.

If you are vegan/health conscious the breakfast choices are an insult. I resorted to cold hash-browns, imagine a greasy film coating your palate for breakfast, this paired with corner-shop bought sliced bread and watered down baked beans sums up the breakfast! I asked for porridge and was instead offered a vegan sausage which never arrived.

Booking was load of shambles. It delayed my checkout by an hour.

Housekeeping decided to skip on one of the mornings. The bedside tables were always dusty and even the window was deemed 'locked for security' when it was actually stuck.

Also laughable was when I asked for an iron and was brought up what looked like a poundshop-bought iron with no water/steaming option for quicker ironing.

What a load of rude, inexperienced and uninterested staff.

Please don't bother leaving a measly response offering any goodwill gestures. I am not interested!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Hinda A
QH-Resident-Manager, Resident Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit.
I was sorry to see that you were disappointed with some aspects of your visit.
At The Queens Hotel we fully appreciate that some of our guests will have chosen a vegan diet and lifestyle , and where possible , we do what we can to provide suitable options to accommodate this.
I understand that you had requested porridge as an option for your breakfast .We have provided porridge previously as part of our complimentary breakfast buffet in the past , but that has been during the colder Winter months , and of course has been made with milk also . For a vegan option for our guests during the Summer months we have soya milk available for breakfast cereals, of which we provide a large selection to choose from , fruit selections , and also vegan sausages can be cooked to order to accompany tomatoes and beans as a hot vegan breakfast option.
I am very concerned regarding your points relating to your check out experience , but I am unclear from your review as to the reason your check out was delayed by an hour , or indeed as to the circumstances which made you feel that our staff were rude , inexperienced , and uninterested , but if you would like to email me at the hotel ( cathal@queenshotelbrighton.com ) with further details I can investigate as to why this was and feedback to you in more detail.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Yes - it’s a bit old but that’s what gives it character. Room was enormous with view of the Pier. Bed super comfy and great bathroom with shower and bath. Excellent breakfast and location - right on the Pier and with the fabulous Lanes just behind the hotel.
A firm preference over the cookie cutter hotels!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellykate

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit.
Im so happy to see how much you enjoyed the facilities , and of course our wonderfully central location.
We hope to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed 1 night solo for business travel. Was comfortable enough but nothing special. Had a fantastic rate for the room so happy enough a d would probably stay again.

Breakfast was absolutely brilliant though

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
QH-Resident-Manager, Resident Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor , and its great to see that you will probably stay with us again when next visiting Brighton.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I come to Brighton for business for the weekend in June, it was my first time there and when looking for hotels, Queens hotel was one that kept arising. On first appearance it looked a little dated, the off white paint mixed with the gold bold letters above the door gives mixed impressions and continues its jump between time periods with the decor inside. Happy to say the rooms were clean and tidy the bathroom was a plus side but the big let down for me on this hotel was the location, wether you're overlooking the Gentlemens club on the right or the local bars on the left the nightlife is a prominent part of your stay at the queens contributing to noise all through the night or the piles of rubbish, remanence of the activities of the night before when you leave the next day. All in all a solid 2 stars for business purposes would be higher if my visit was for pleasure on location alone.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent business trip.
As you rightly mentioned , our central location is ideally located on the sea front with easy access to the beach , bars , restaurants , and other town attractions , and I would suggest if visiting in the future for business over a weekend period , to consider one of our sea facing rooms as they tend to be quieter.
We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Very disappointed. No accessible bathrooms and was not informed of this despite me emailing before my arrival. Noisy noisy rooms, poor breakfast. Stayed 1 night and moved to the Jurys inn. Lots of steps in the hotel with a scary dated "lift" for accessibility needs. The lift to the rooms with a little ramp, well I tripped on it straight away and hurt my ankle.

The first night i thought well make the best of it and things will look differently tomorrow, but oh my god, I was on the side near the kebab house, with a room with a window that you could only look through if you were on stilts! I asked to be moved which to their credit they did move me with a window that allowed a little natural light in, but the noise at night! I may as well slept with the poor homeless it was sooo unacceptably noisy!!! ( no double glazing ). I got up the next day and was literally in tears. I again approached reception to explain that I could not get into the high bath due to my disability. I was informed that the only room with a shower was in the "tower" which turned out to be the "honeymoon" suite, which would cost me X amount of extra money.

After much ado, at last I actually managed to speak to a sensible member of staff, thank you who ever you were, and sorry I did not get your name. I managed to get a refund and booked into the Jury's Waterfront, and at last have a shower!! This hotel really needs to specify that they do not have accessible bathrooms, or I fear someone will have an accident.
This hotel could be lovely, but sadly it is rather tired and unsafe for people with mobility issues

Room Tip: high, but not if you are disabled
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 305jeano59
QH-Resident-Manager, Resident Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Although we make every effort to ensure our guests are provided with as much relevant information ahead of their visit to ensure their stay is as comfortable as it can be , we appreciate that there can be a lot of information to sift through.
I am very happy to see that a member of the team was able to assist you in order to allow you arrange for accommodation with a walk in shower at the neighbouring hotel .
Although we do not have any rooms that have been adapted specifically for guests with mobility issues , I think your comment detailing that the hotel is unsafe for people with mobility issues is moreso your opinion , rather than a statement.