All reviews executive room burger restaurant sea view british airways brighton seafront sea front old west underground car park hotel is in a great location coffee machine walk in shower would stay again reception area large room stayed for two nights balcony onsite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel as he has not been to Brighton before and wanted to check out the area. We were not dissapointed! The hotel room was lovely and clean, we had a king executive room with a balcony with a sea view and it was perfect. The bed was huge and really comfortable. The Nespresso machine was a little added luxury which we did not expect. There was a note advising we would have complimentary water and chocolate in the mini bar but there wasnt any there.
We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and could not fault it at all! The burgers we had for dinner were cooked really well and had lots of flavour. We ordered 2 cocktails too which were a little more expensive than some places but they were still nice. Breakfast was fantastic and really well stocked up.
All staff were welcoming and friendly. Cliff was very helpful at breakfast and again very friendly.
The only thing we didnt like was the underground car park as this was quite hard to get in and out of due to the slope but this was still ideal as the hotel is along quite a busy road.
Would highly recommend this hotel 10/10

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
Gints S, Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Day

Thank you very much for your spectacular review of our hotel. We most certainly enjoyed reading able your experience and about the service you received from the team. We feel most honored that you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel including our Stock Burger restaurant. We all at the Holiday inn Brighton- Seafront team look forward to welcoming you back, and would like to thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Room rate was about average but didn't include breakfast or parking, which were both expensive.
The room and bathroom are good quality and I had a good night's sleep.
The hotel is located on the sea front and there are plenty of restaurants and bars and town centre is a 5 min walk away.
Room was serviced daily and everything restocked.
Would stay again

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TomP266

Good Day

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are glad your were able to get a good nights sleep when stayed with ourselves. We certainly hope you get a chance to explore our dinning options at the hotel upon your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed here a few times, and it is always a disappointment. We only use it as it is an IHG, but I will think twice and maybe try the Hilton or the Harbour.

We had a bad time last time, so we were promised this stay would be amazing. We arrived and parked on a hotel space, which used to be a disabled space and enquired if this was OK and we were told we would have to move the car, although we are disabled and some of the cars in the disabled bays didn't have a Blue Badge. My husband asked another staff member who said it was fine to park, if he was disabled, so the car stayed there but all staff should be saying the same, it shouldn't depend who you speak to, also you can't deny disabled a space outside when you are allowing non-disabled to use your Blue Badge spaces.

I am always disappointed that the Executive rooms have no drawers, just a wardrobe but I know this is the case.

The other disappointment was that when we wanted to go out and went to use the safe, it was locked. I phoned Reception and advised them that we needed to go out in about 30 minutes. We were going to a concert that started at 7.30pm at the Brighton Centre. She laughed and said no one could help us, as they were doing job interviews but we could take down any valuables and have them put in the safe at reception. We choose to take some out and put the rest in the car.

On the upside, I was ill overnight and we left very early in the morning. The night staff were very good helping my husband and giving him complimentary water for me.

I must say the rating on this would be much lower if it wasn't for the night staff, who I have always found to be better than the day staff, when staying here.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello sa1gon,

Thank you for your staying with us again and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want the level of service received to be consistently excellent, and I am sorry to learn about your disappointment with the day staff. Along with your observations about the parking information shared to you, I have alerted the hotel management and forwarded them your comments. These will be used as reference during the periodic staff meeting and training. I trust that steps taken will avoid the same issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope you give us another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I had read a few reviews stating that the hotel wasn't quite as expected , but we found it pretty good ! Rooms big enough ( agreed a little tired ) , breakfast ok , staff all very good and helpful and location good too !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Good Day

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we most certainly appreciate you taking the time. We are also delighted that you found the hotel better than expected based on previous feedback left on this site. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We stayed for one night last weekend and we really enjoyed our stay. On arrival, the staff at the front desk were all very friendly and helpful especially Emilie who sorted out our booking for us. We were in a family room with two double beds and had plenty of room for myself, husband and two small children. The room was clean, plenty of towels and the bed was lovely and comfy! The room was a little on the cool side but to be honest this was fine, there's nothing worse than a sweltering hot hotel room. Our stay included dinner and breakfast and this was great value - we were given two £25 vouchers for the ajoining burger restaurant and found this was plenty for three courses each. Kids also ate free which was brilliant - the hotdogs were enormous and they thoroughly enjoyed the ice cream for pudding!
Breakfast the next morning was great, lots of choice and my little boy really liked the pancake machine! Again, friendly staff who were really helpful.
The location of the hotel is perfect and just a short walk to the pier and the shops, Great to have a carpark underneath too - we found a spot but it is very small!
My kids loved that the hotel was decorated for halloween and the painted mirror in reception was very impressive!
Overall a great stay and we wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Gints S, Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Good Day

Thank you for your feedback we very much appreciate it, especially your kind words on the staff and the delightful experiences you had with the meals you had at the hotel. We most certainly look forward to welcoming you and your party back with us in the near future.