Reviews (2 118)
2 117 results
All reviews sea front both mornings a sea view room weekend break cooked breakfast full english pier staircase
106 - 111 of 2 117 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Great location, friendly polite staff. Lovely hotel , stayed in a privilege room , beds are so comfortable , clean well appointed rooms. Would recommend, good value for money. We were lucky enough to get a parking space too.

1  Thank Vikki B
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Parking is limited and its great you got a space. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

One night stay for a concert, cued for ages just to get reception, no parking when we got there, a wedding on which was their priority, people complaining left right and centre, stayed in a rear room with a view of a brick wall, the place is tired, very tired, met lots of dissatisfied people in a very short period of time, my partner complained on 2 occasions, the staff seem not to care...... would i stay again ???? mmmmmmm NO....... its over overpriced and not up to standard, for this hotel i would expect to pay no more than £50 per night, we paid three times that amount.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrhally
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My family and I have just had a terrible time at this awful hotel, the likes of which I haven't seen for many years.

I'll describe the problems briefly. One of my family needed an accessible room. It was at the far end of a dark and dingy corridor and the room was both disgusting and dangerous.
The sink in the ensuite was not just cracked but actually had a hole in it.
The accessible shower had a seat that was deeply, deeply encrusted with rust which was both incredibly unsightly and dangerous.
At the exit from the so-called accessible shower there was a ditch in the floor about 3 inches deep, covered with ancient lino, that filled with water when you used the shower - dangerous for anyone let alone someone with limited mobility.
Worst of all was the entrance to the fire escape. It was just outside the room and was again deeply encrusted with rust and layer upon layer of cobwebs - the manager's assertion that this vital exit point was overseen every day beggars belief since the cobwebs were so deep. I have shown photographs of all these problems to the management.

Even in reception the sofas appeared so filthy that I was reluctant to sit down as I had a white jacket on.

If I could find anything funny about this place I would compare it to Fawlty Towers but it was really not funny.

I complained after the first night and they refused to do anything about it. Then again on leaving and in writing thereafter. They eventually dumped an insulting amount of compensation in my bank account without my agreement. Nothing could compensate me for staying in such a disgusting place.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mm8752017
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I had the 'pleasure ' of staying in this hotel on 23rd June.

Arriving to check - in we confronted by a huge queue, apparently Opera had 'crashed' throughout Western Europe resulting in each guest having to complete a form that resembled War and Peace by hand.
After finally getting to my room the smell of damp and the noise from the AC outside was overpowering.

Went back to join the queue again to complain.

Initially the duty manager was not nterested however after asking for my money back - £185 - she did find us another room that was a very marginal improvement.

This hotel needs a major revamp in both the reception areas and rooms with some questionable marks on the bedroom furniture.

I am typing this feeling completely conned by the whole experience which has completely spoiled our weekend away.

I would rather have slept on the beach!

Avoid at all costs.

1  Thank Ken T
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you Ken for your further review on the hotel which I believe I have responded to you from your direct email to myself. All points have been covered with you directly.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Cannot believe I paid £200 for a night in a dirty run down hotel on Brighton seafront that overlooked buildings. Small room in need of a complete overhaul decorating disgusting damp smelling. When complaining to reception the response was you did only book a basic room !!!
Wouldn't star it as a 3* more like

1  Thank barbie d

Thank you for your comments and our small rooms are sold as compact double rooms which are smaller than our standard rooms and are price appropriately and in line with the market. the hotel is of traditional style and sea view rooms are available when booking. being located centrally in a residential area not all bedroom can have a view.

I apologise we did not meet your expectations.