All reviews complimentary gin and sherry corner suite jetty bar rooftop pool steam room well stocked mini bar nespresso machine double glazing lovely hotel huge bed sea front great decor sunday night small room breakfast service noisy at night walk in shower
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The tiny room with bunk bed was awful! Small room (virtually no space once a single cabin case is in room) which is a lot smaller than the tiny ones in NYC! Dirty, filthy remote, Unclean carpets, poor ventilation. Bathroom however was befitting the 4* rating however

Public Stairway down to reception had electricity boxes within arms reach.. hazardous!

Breakfast not great either, but happy that breakfast meant my night stay in this hotel was over.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
BrightonHarbourHotel, General Manager at Brighton Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Naulon,

We appreciate all feedback – good and bad – as it is through your comments that we can improve.
We try to give all visitors a magical experience and I am very sorry to read that this was not the case with your staying and apologies that we didn’t live up to your expectations.

I again present my sincere apologies that your meal did not live up your expectations and hope that you will give us the opportunity to do better in the future.
In this case, if you would be kind enough to contact my office directly by email, I will personally oversee your reservation.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us visited the Harbour for one night on a dinner bed and breakfast basis. We arrived early for check-in and the chap on reception was excellent. He took our bags and told us that the rooms would be ready by 3.00 p.m. and that the bags would be delivered to the rooms, which they were. The room was exactly as described on their website and was spotlessly clean and very comfortable.

We dined in the Jetty restaurant on the local three course dinner basis with an option to swap this for a £27.50 credit to items on the a la Carte menu. There was no local three course set dinner that evening. Service was a little haphazard but the staff were very pleasant.

Breakfast, which was included, was a very poor effort. The staff were entirely pleasant, the fare was not. As a walk-in it would have cost £16.95 for the following:

Tea and coffee served from the sort of thermos jugs that coffee is served at on a speed awareness course in a Holiday inn.

A cold buffet with an assortment of breads....well one stale whole meal loaf. A list of buffet staples shown on the menu but not evident on the buffet itself.

A couple of us had some fruit and muesli from the buffet but were interrupted halfway through this by the arrival of the hot food.

A full English that comprised one egg of choice( two listed on the menu) one half a a grilled tomato, one small sausage, one back bacon medallion, a pot of baked beans and the undoubted star of the show, a single fried button mushroom. The menu also mentioned that the eggs would be served on toast. They were not and the toast had to be ordered separately. When it arrived it had been made from thin sliced processed bread.

My wife’s choice was the muffin with ham and two poached eggs which manifested itself as half a muffin with some ham and poached egg that was so beyond overdone. In fairness when pointed out to the waiter, it was replaced with a much better egg.

Had we stayed another night I would have asked for a breakfast refund and eaten out at one of the many brilliant restaurants that would serve a much better offering at a more sensible price.

We would stay again but almost certainly on a room only basis.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear simonalcock,

First and foremost, thank you for posting your opinion to keep us on track.

We know that nobody likes giving criticism, but the only way we can improve is by you telling us the unvarnished truth. Whether it’s good news or bad, we like to know!
We are at our happiest when our guests live a magical moment and your comments drive us to continually improve.

For this reason, we hope that you will come back again, when we will do all possible to meet your ideal.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great location right on seafront. Worst breakfast ever experienced. 35 minute wait for wrong order to be delivered then bought back to be wrong again! Rooms tired with stains on walls. Service standards definitely dropped

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank eanhogg
BrightonHarbourHotel, General Manager at Brighton Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear eanhogg,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please kindly provide me with your personal correspondence details so we may discuss this matter further – my direct contact email is gm.brighton@harbourhotels.co.uk Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My first of 2 nights resulted in about 2hrs sleep because of a rowdy bar outside my window (room 322).

The man in the morning on reception said he would change my room but when I came back at 5.30pm I was told this instruction hadn’t been passed on and there was no other rooms available.

The manager was consulted and she refused to swap me another room.:

Appalling service.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony M

Dear Tony M,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

So where to start. Me and my better half often struggle to get some time to ourselves due to work and kids so when the opportunity to get a few days away together we jumped at the chance. Having had a look at places to visit near to us, but not too incase the dog decided to be a fool at our best friends house we settled for Brighton. Found this hotel online and what seemed a reasonable price just booked it. When we arrived we were instantly greeted by the front of house staff who were very quick to get us signed and checked in as there was quite a big queue of people doing the same (always a good sign). Anyway after checking in we sat in the bar and ordered cocktails. The barman was on only his 2nd shift so was struggling with knowing how to make a classic Martini but after I talked him through it I throughly enjoyed it. I don’t mind inexperience everyone has to learn and he was very pleasant and polite and who could ask for more. We then went up to the room where instantly we were impressed. Everything you could require and some stuff you didn’t. A nice big TV with plenty of channels and radio stations tea making facilities, mini bar, safe, hair dryer and a very posh pod coffee machine. By far the best thing about the room was a very modern clean bathroom with a great shower and a set of double bunk beds something a bit quirky and cool. The bed was very comfy or possibly the copious amounts of red wine and whiskey consumed but a great nights sleep followed by a wide range at breakfast. A great place if visiting Brighton a would highly recommend it

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear H1889,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your visit and for the comments that you left on TripAdvisor and for recommending us to future travelers.
Your feedback is noted regarding the dishes, we are working on them with my Team to make sure the guests experience is always perfect.
Naturally, we are looking forward to seeing you again in our unique Hotel.

Kindest regards